Vizio E701-A3 Reassembly After Backlight Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E701-A3 Reassembly After Backlight Repair

Kind of embarrassed to ask this but - I kept the diffusers in the correct order but can't remember which one goes closest to the panel.

There is a white one that's not very translucent, then the thick plexiglass piece (this is an edge-lit tv), and then 2 more layers of diffusing pieces of plastic. I have them in the same order they were when they came off the tv to get to the backlights but which one goes towards the metal frame and which goes next to the panel? Thanks for any input.

Re: Vizio E701-A3 Reassembly After Backlight Repair

Backlight replacement here, he didn't separate the layers, not sure if it will help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocyEZ5eKjaU

Comment

This guy is doing a edge lit sharp, to me it looks like the hard clear looking plastic is closest to the screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJUtrExz-aI

Comment

Thanks for posting those, looking at the second one it appears the stark white layer didn't actually need to come out, it's furthest from the panel and then the 2 diffusers are on top of the hard plexiglass. Lesson learned, hopefully

Comment

I've gotten into the habit of marking the layers TOP1,2,3...BOT, etc just because of this issue. It's fine if you have the parts (LEDs) on hand and can fix and re-assemble the same day, but if you have to order parts from China, then your short term memory fades to black!

Comment

I use blue painters tape on all the corners to keep them in order. It removes easily, doesn't leave any residue, and keeps them in order. They are very slippery and the tape keeps them straight and from moving around.

Comment

Working...
            X