HP 2007W LCD Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP 2007W LCD Monitor

I'd actually prefer to buy used because right now, we don't have a lot of cash. We're not getting many PC repair customers right now. I'd say around 100$ or so. Maybe more if it's not too much more. I see ones for sale but they're a ways away. Like Syracuse. Our Jeep right now won't make it that distance.

I got a question too for anyone who's reading this. I got some points like RxO0 (oh zero) - and then +. There's more than that. Anyway, the O0 is either a negative or positive LVDS differential data input for the odd data. If i wanted to test this, would I put a volt meter's common on the RxO0- and the red probe on the RxO0+? Just curious.

Most of the picture on the screen's good. One Jessica's laptop the very top and the very bottom are messed up and of course, in the middle there's something. Like something dividing the screen in half. I know the TCON board is shot but I just wanted to mess around, you know? Thanks.
    -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

The Craftsman 82357 you already have according to

http://www.commercial.sears.com/coms.../?tool=9-82357

has some really decent specs. 0.1% accuracy for DC voltage is very good. Only the high end Fluke 87V is significantly better at 0.05%.

Basic Accuracy DC voltage 400mV - 1000V ±(0.1% of reading)
      AC voltage 4V - 700V ±(1.0% of reading)
      DC current 400µA - 20A (fused) ±(1.2% of reading)
      AC current 400µA - 20A (fused) ±(1.5% of reading)
      Resistance 400½ - 40M½ ±(0.5% of reading)
      Capacitance 100nF - 100uF ±(2.0% of reading)
      Temperature 0 to 1999 degreesF/-20 degreesC to 1370 degreesC ±(3.0% of reading)
      Frequency 500mHz - 10MHz ±(0.1% of reading)
      Duty Cycle 0.1 to 99.9%

The BIG question is how has the Craftsman held up in terms of calibration over the years?
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I like my Fluke 87, and it is TRUE R.M.S for what I need to measure complex AC waveforms.
        Never stop learning
        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

It's held up real good. When I set it to capacitence, it reads some wheres around .04 - .05 nF's. I think maybe that maybe it's picking up the stuff in the air. I dunno though.
          The DC voltage reads usually 0.000 but sometimes it's 0.001. Can't complain about that!. If I check a resistor, it's hard to tell because of the percentage they can be off. I've never been able to figure out how to use the frequency feature.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
            I like my Fluke 87, and it is TRUE R.M.S for what I need to measure complex AC waveforms.
            Mine says it's true R.M.S. From what you said, it sounds like mine might actually not be true R.M.S? How can I tell? Mine's got a PC interface. I wanted that because I thought I could somehow use it as a limited oscilliscope but now, I know there's probably no way it can.

Comment

Originally posted by Spork Schivago View Post
              I'd actually prefer to buy used because right now, we don't have a lot of cash. I'd say around 100$ or so.
              If you are short on cash and don't need a multimeter, your Craftsman has decent specs (see other post).

You have a huge advantage over me because you are in the USA where there are many used Flukes available on ebay.com. Many USA sellers won't ship to Canada for whatever reason.

If you are super lucky, you can get a working used Fluke 87V (top of the line) for $80. I saw 3 Buy It Now auctions and they only lasted 60 seconds before someone hit the Buy button. These deals are rare though.

In the $100 used Fluke price range, you can realistically get anyone of the following that has same/similar specs as your current 82357.

a) 87 III (previous generation)
              b) 85 III (previous generation)
              c) 83 III (previous generation)
              d) 179 (current generation)
              e) 177 (current generation)

The 83III is NOT True RMS. The 83, 85, and 87 III only measure up to 5uF. The 83V and 87V (current generation) read up to 9,999uF. The 179 and 177 measure up to 9,999uF.

You can search for these 5 models and look at "completed listings" to get a feel of pricing action in the last month. The 83III might be obtainable for around $60 to $70 with patience and if True RMS is not required. All the above are made in the USA.

Patience is the key.

Be sure to read this guide written by excavatoree.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Fluke-Meters...00000007478323

excavatoree has many Flukes. See his collection at (bottom of page - famous staircase photo)

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/general...'s-do-you-own/

As you may have guessed, I love talking about multimeters.
              Last edited by retiredcaps; 03-08-2012, 12:42 AM.
              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by Spork Schivago View Post
                When I set it to capacitence, it reads some wheres around .04 - .05 nF's.
                That is what the "rel" button is for.

The DC voltage reads usually 0.000 but sometimes it's 0.001.
                That is fine. As long as it zeros completely when you touch the two probes together.

I've never been able to figure out how to use the frequency feature.
                As a simple test, set your multimeter to HZ and put your probes into an AC socket. It shoud read 60 Hz.

edit: Your 82357 is True RMS.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

More talk about multimeters. See

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...02&postcount=8
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                    The Craftsman 82357 you already have according to

http://www.commercial.sears.com/coms.../?tool=9-82357

has some really decent specs. 0.1% accuracy for DC voltage is very good. Only the high end Fluke 87V is significantly better at 0.05%.

Basic Accuracy DC voltage 400mV - 1000V ±(0.1% of reading)
                    AC voltage 4V - 700V ±(1.0% of reading)
                    DC current 400µA - 20A (fused) ±(1.2% of reading)
                    AC current 400µA - 20A (fused) ±(1.5% of reading)
                    Resistance 400½ - 40M½ ±(0.5% of reading)
                    Capacitance 100nF - 100uF ±(2.0% of reading)
                    Temperature 0 to 1999 degreesF/-20 degreesC to 1370 degreesC ±(3.0% of reading)
                    Frequency 500mHz - 10MHz ±(0.1% of reading)
                    Duty Cycle 0.1 to 99.9%

The BIG question is how has the Craftsman held up in terms of calibration over the years?
                    Was that a link to the manual for my meter? If so, you probably didn't download a copy and save it, did you? Looking for a digital copy of it, but I believe it's long gone.

Sears cannot order replacement parts either, nor can Craftsman. Sears cannot even find the DMM, Craftsman can at least see it in their systems, but cannot order or see part numbers, because it's long since been discontinued.

Comment

Working...
                    X