Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung plasma pn60f5300 -- no picture-- bad panel ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung plasma pn60f5300 -- no picture-- bad panel ??

It's definitely possible to crack a plasma screen in the right place and still get a picture afterwards. Whether it will continue working for long is another matter. Usually you get line distortion because it kills a buffer board or the address driver.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have the same problem with my pn60f5300. Started to not turn on and red led would blink, then stop. Finally won't turn on, just the blinks. 10 or 12 long then 3 short. Removed back panel. 5v and 15v are good. Vs-on sends 3.3v, then goes to 0. Vs and Vs have approx. 180v when vs-on has 3.3v, then gradually go down once vs-on goes to 0. Blinking green light on main too. First time working on a tv, but am comfortable with volt meter and pin testing. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by tvsupermam View Post
        I have the same problem with my pn60f5300. Started to not turn on and red led would blink, then stop. Finally won't turn on, just the blinks. 10 or 12 long then 3 short. Removed back panel. 5v and 15v are good. Vs-on sends 3.3v, then goes to 0. Vs and Vs have approx. 180v when vs-on has 3.3v, then gradually go down once vs-on goes to 0. Blinking green light on main too. First time working on a tv, but am comfortable with volt meter and pin testing. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
        Well, first, please check if your plasma panel is cracked as per the previous poster. Even if you have not hit or struck it yourself as Samsung panels have been known to spontaneously crack at times.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          Well, first, please check if your plasma panel is cracked as per the previous poster. Even if you have not hit or struck it yourself as Samsung panels have been known to spontaneously crack at times.
          I did check the panel. No cracks found. I've been testing more and found when I disconnect the y main board ribbon and x main connector to
          Main board, Vs and Va stable at 208v. Romoved y main board from buffer board. Same result when ribbon connected. Drops to 10v. Disconnected upper x main from bottom x main and same result when connector connected from main board. Checked buffer board. No shorts to pins. Checked y main and x main, no bloated capacitors. What else do I check on the x and y main boards?

Comment

Follow the test pattern guides detailed earlier in this thread
            Your ribbon removal is a bad idea - always disconnect power from the board at the same time - failure to do so can otherwise lead to failure of parts.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to help me Tom. I always disconnect power and wait for voltage to drop before disconnecting anything. All voltages good until x or y main board connected. Also wait for voltage to drop before connecting anything. Then power on. No cracks on panel. Jumped 3-4 and nothing on screen. No bulging capacitors. Green LED blinks on main board. Tv responds to remote.

Comment

Is blink on main board at about once a second or about once every 5-7 seconds?

In a dark room any glow from the panel?

Are Vs/Va briefly present when X or Y connected, or only briefly present without these connected?

Do you know the history of the fault?

If blink is every 5-7 seconds...
                Your panel may be shutting down because of a fault.
                Fault can be:
                - Board not sustaining ER loop due to panel crack (which you've ruled out)
                - Short on buffer board / Vsch low / Vsc short
                - Va short
                - Vs short on sustain board (X or Y) note unlike earlier plasma TVs these sets will NOT operate with one board missing.
                Last edited by tom66; 08-17-2018, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Green LED blink is every 7 seconds.
                  Va and Vs briefly 208v when X and Y boards are connected. Vs and Va 208v constant with them disconnected.
                  No glow on panel that I can see right now. Will check at night to make sure.
                  Checked buffer board. Watched video link in previous post. No shorts.
                  How do I check Vsch low, Vsc short, Va short, Vs short on X and Y board?
                  History of fault is tv started to not turn on sometimes. Started one month ago. Until it would not turn on this last time.
                  Thank you again.
                  Last edited by tvsupermam; 08-17-2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Update on my tv. Couldn't wait any longer for pointers on what to check next, so I took it to a shop. They said it is a power board issue. They are going to get a kit and upgrade it. $280 is my quote. I think they are just going to replace some capacitors and call it a day. Thank you for the information and help.

Comment

I really don't think it's a power board issue if you have Vs and Va, unless they are confusing the power board and X- or Y-main boards. Also $280 seems steep. Understand they need to make money but doubt it would cost that much to fix.

Comment

Working...
                      X