Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaupunkt CD30 MP3 vauxhall Radio fault..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaupunkt CD30 MP3 vauxhall Radio fault..

Hi, My problem is with a Blaupunkt CD30 MP3 car radio (Vauxhall).
    The radio has blown a fuse and I have looked at it and found what looks like a Diode which has blown apart. I have managed to get a photograph of an undamaged component (see attachment) from a similar radio and the part number on it is EVP 73A.
    I have been unable to identify this part and would be grateful if any light can be shed on the identity of the component and possible source for it or a compatible replacement..

Kind Regards, Liam
    Attached Files

Re: Blaupunkt CD30 MP3 vauxhall Radio fault..

Does the diode go across the DC input? that is a Vishay logo
    Could be TPSMC36A
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 07-25-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

schematics for the radio this may need translating as Hungarian language i think
      Attached Files
      Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-25-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

RJ I will check that tomorrow,.. Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated..

Vinceroger69, thank you for that, this will be a great help..

Regards, Liam

Comment

is that there for reverse polarity ? fuse should blow first though if properly rated fuse .

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            Does the diode go across the DC input? that is a Vishay logo
            Could be TPSMC36A
            Yes as far as I can determine it goes across the DC input.., and it is the Vishay logo.
            Thank you for your help,. I will purchase one of those and try it..

Regards, Liam

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
              is that there for reverse polarity ? fuse should blow first though if properly rated fuse .
              Yes Pete the fuse was blown but the lad had stuck another fuse in and tried it but it blew again. The excess damage to the component may have occurred then.

Regards, Liam

Comment

looks like it was likely reverse wired then . thats what happens if the fuse is rated too high and the unit is wired reverse polarity . new diode might get it fixed so long as it was fast enough to react and protected everything else .

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                  looks like it was likely reverse wired then . thats what happens if the fuse is rated too high and the unit is wired reverse polarity . new diode might get it fixed so long as it was fast enough to react and protected everything else .
                  Yes when the car was bought the fuse was gone so can only surmise that the wiring must have been tampered with at some stage.. Fingers crossed that no further damage was caused. I think I have found a replacement diode on ebay so will update when I get that..

Comment

The diode is there for spike protection and would only blow if the polarity was reversed or the input voltage was higher than 50 volts dc. If the diode that was on the board is shorted, that would have protected the rest of the circuit, if it is blown apart, as in open, it no longer protected anything so there may be more damage.
                    The radio should work without the diode just to test the radio but be sure of proper polarity.
                    After looking at the schematic, it does'nt seem to match this version of the radio.
                    Last edited by R_J; 07-26-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                      The diode is there for spike protection and would only blow if the polarity was reversed or the input voltage was higher than 50 volts dc. If the diode that was on the board is shorted, that would have protected the rest of the circuit, if it is blown apart, as in open, it no longer protected anything so there may be more damage.
                      The radio should work without the diode just to test the radio but be sure of proper polarity.
                      After looking at the schematic, it does'nt seem to match this version of the radio.
                      Yes the diode was shorted so I am hopeful that all will be ok.. No the schematic does not seem to match.. Your Vishay document that lists the EVP device marking code and device type, seems to be the correct part. I have ordered a replacement...

Regards, Liam
                      Last edited by liam; 07-26-2018, 12:42 PM. Reason: Senior moment

Comment

Got the new diode yesterday, all good and radio is working fine now so the diode must have done its job.. Thanks to all for your help in this.. Much appreciated,
                        Regards to all,
                        Liam

Comment

Thanks for the update glad it was a easy fix.

Comment

well done .

Comment

Working...
                            X