Need help testing an OLED TV | LG 55EC9300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help testing an OLED TV | LG 55EC9300

if the test you did exact as i wrote.. the Main boards totally disconnected from power boards and the lvds to T-CON. and apply 12V from power boards socket direct to the T-CON F1 fuse then the result as you said.. its 100% panel but not at cells... you have the issue on the lower edge boards of the panel it could be COF burned or just leaking at ceramic caps too.

Comment

There is no possibility Tcon is bad? , is there a way to know for certain?
      Yes I did the test exactly as you said.
      this time the screen was green when it stopped changing colors, but the color bands go across the whole screen, I will get a pic next time
      Last edited by speter; 11-04-2020, 12:28 PM.
      Goshen NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by speter View Post
        There is no possibility Tcon is bad? , is there a way to know for certain?
        Yes I did the test exactly as you said.
        if you want to spend money to have replacement t-con always up to you.

i wrote before encourage you to have access to the edge boards of the panel. its easy just remove speaker and metal cover... take look there who know you could find fortune at the effected side LOL. remember always with high resolution focused photos helped allot

Comment

Unfortuneately on this set, there is no cover to remove,the edge board is completely hidden under the back, the back may be glued? on,(it may be destructive to try and open) as there is no screws holding it together, and only less than 1/4 inch thick. here is a pic of the final result of letting the panel stay on for 10 minutes, if I unplug and reset, it will rotate colors again,and stop on a random color like the screen pictured, once the screen was perfect for 30 seconds , but reverted to on side being dark again.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by speter; 11-04-2020, 01:11 PM.
          Goshen NY, USA

Comment

sorry ... this set rubbish

Comment

I think so... also.
              Thank you for sticking with me through this ordeal, I appreciate the help and knowledge you have given me!
              Last edited by speter; 11-04-2020, 01:16 PM.
              Goshen NY, USA

Comment

I think so... also.
                Thank you for sticking with me through this ordeal, I appreciate the help and knowledge you have given me!
                you welcome.

try to access to the boards.. either if you with care cut the side edge of it,, you will not lost, some are clued with infrared Temp.at the edge of the cover

Comment

I was not able to access the boards, I would have to dremel the back apart to get there. I ordered a TCON as a last ditch effort, the one I received was the wrong part. There is an additional white rectangle with a number in it, and I am not sure if it has to matc (4007j) it may be a software version?
                  I let it run on self test for a while, and it started working with the old board.
                  In the service menu, the reason for power down says inv fault.

I was able to watch for an hour before it shut down again.
                  How do I run the pixel refresh utility?
                  The newer sets have a removable metal plate under the speakers to access the driver boards
                  Goshen NY, USA

Comment

I was able to watch for an hour before it shut down again.
                    How do I run the pixel refresh utility?
                    The newer sets have a removable metal plate under the speakers to access the driver boards
                    2 subjects at one post---- replacement t-con and other newer set..!!!!!!!!
                    are you talking on yours OLD OLED or you have another one which work for 1 hours and turn off ??? its seem english not only for me difficult.. lol

Photos always can replace thousands of letters...

Comment

In n earlier post (23) you said to remove the plates, I have seen pics of later sets that have those, my set is older, and does not have them. Same tv as before, sorry for the confusion,
                      It made more sense in my head when I wrote it, and l could not edit later.
                      I will post a pic when the new TCON comes in
                      Last edited by speter; 11-25-2020, 10:44 AM.
                      Goshen NY, USA

Comment

In n earlier post (23) you said to remove the plates, I have seen pics of later sets that have those, my set is older, and does not have them. Same tv as before, sorry for the confusion,
                        It made more sense in my head when I wrote it, and l could not edit later.
                        I will post a pic when the new TCON comes in
                        i see T-CON work for 1 hours then went to protection shutdown... and at service menu you found inv fault for pixel refresh,

i would suggest you start from now searching after LG Apache HTTP server for downgrade firmware.. and learn how you trick the LG to downgrade or rewrite firmware direct from PC.. reason some times if replacing T-CON the firmware of it didnt match the main FW on MB. so after downgrade both will match and will work fine after any upgrade of FW.

Comment

BTW you can dimming the screen from picture setting, brightness & Contrast / Color so 1 hours working windows you have will increase so so you can work on yours PC with the server i mentioned above.

Comment

It went back to running for only a short time again, the new TCON is on it's way again.
                            I decided to run the test again, and see if it will start running a long time again.
                            I was able to get pics to show that getting to the drivers would be imposible without destroying the screen.
                            Attached Files
                            Goshen NY, USA

Comment

It went back to running for only a short time again, the new TCON is on it's way again.
                              I decided to run the test again, and see if it will start running a long time again.
                              I was able to get pics to show that getting to the drivers would be imposible without destroying the screen.
                              put back your ORG. T-COn and try to refund the replacement one if you can.

OLED Cells if they discharging your set will work as you faced before for 1 hours.

to discharge the panel cells, disconnect the 4 Ribbon cable from T-CON side only then let the pins of the ribbon cable touching the tv chassis for enough period. this will help discharge whole the panel at short time.
                              Last edited by Diah; 11-27-2020, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Was this issue ever resolved? I have what I think might be the exact same issue

Comment

Disconnect LVDS cables between Tcon and Main, TV should turn on and stay on with all voltages present.
                                  LG OLEDs usually have bad panel. All suggestions above are pretty much vastest of time. You can't replace Tcon since it is married to panel itself and you will have terrible picture if any as well.

Comment

I tried another tcon, and it had the same issue, 😕 I finally gave up, and chucked it.
                                    Goshen NY, USA

Comment

Ah that's a shame - thanks - so you both reckon not worth trying to fix?

Comment

Apologies for the double post - I ordered a service remote, which arrived today, and it enabled me to turn the TV on and it (so far) seems to work fine.

Would this imply my issue is indeed a power supply issue, and not (as I feared) a broken panel? I also bought myself a multimeter and plan to check the voltages across all boards. Or am I being too optimistic?

Edit: the TV turned itself off again after about 45 minutes of perfect picture. When I turned it on again I had that half panel issue. See additional photos. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2788.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	3175694
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2783.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	3175652
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by pearswick; 01-09-2024, 04:24 PM.

Comment

as your uploaded photo of service menu InSTART... go to to option 13 OLED let see whats there

Comment

Working...
                                          X