• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCEPTRE x425bv-fhd NO video Powers Up

ok will do... I will post the results

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
      Just for a test, unplug the T-Con board and power the set on. Will it power off with the button then? I had a Sceptre X460BV with similar symptoms that turned out to have a faulty T-con board.
      ok so i finally had a chance to do this and with the t-con disconnected it still does not respond to the buttons. so is it looking like main board has a intermittent issue?

Comment

well if i heat the main board with a hair dryer tv turns on 6 out of 10 times with the back off so im guessing main board and am gonna order another one..

Comment

UPDATE: I Got the new main board today from good ol trustworthy Shop Jimmy (Mad Props to them for actually shipping their parts and not lying like another shop) and installed the board and the tv kicked right on.. i power cycled it off and on about 5-6 times and each time it responded.The tv is now remounted on my mothers wall and she is happy its fixed..
          So now we know Main board is the Problem
          I hope this helps someone in the future

Comment

I have a sceptre x460bv-fhd8 the power led at the bottom right is red ... the power on button doesn't do anything but i found that with my controler i can turn the tv on and the led turns blue..the Sceptre name turns on as normal then the screen flickers of and the led turns back to red...any ideas????

Comment

Originally posted by seekerfine View Post
              I have a sceptre x460bv-fhd8 the power led at the bottom right is red ... the power on button doesn't do anything but i found that with my controler i can turn the tv on and the led turns blue..the Sceptre name turns on as normal then the screen flickers of and the led turns back to red...any ideas????
              best to start your own thread, try to post good clear pics.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                best to start your own thread, try to post good clear pics.
                because people looking at this thread title see the original posters problem and not yours.

Comment

Originally posted by whatusername View Post
                  UPDATE: I Got the new main board today from good ol trustworthy Shop Jimmy (Mad Props to them for actually shipping their parts and not lying like another shop) and installed the board and the tv kicked right on.. i power cycled it off and on about 5-6 times and each time it responded.The tv is now remounted on my mothers wall and she is happy its fixed..
                  So now we know Main board is the Problem
                  I hope this helps someone in the future
                  if a shop is sending out bad boards, please let us know which shop, so we can avoid them, the shop can't sue you or nothing, for just telling the truth, thanks.

Comment

Hate to bump an old thread but I have the exact same same symptoms on my X425BV-FHD. Unplugging the tcon board makes no difference. I replaced the Power Supply with a new one, no change.

My set deteriorated slowly. Started with power up, blue led, have to unplug to power off. usually would come up after several attempts and operate normally as long as you did not power off. Eventually lost all display after being left on for several days while I waited for the capacitor rebuild package. I mistakenly powered it off and it would not come back up.

I decided to not tackle the caps replacement because of the heat sinks and my lack of soldering skills. Replaced the power board with a new one - no help.

Every thing else described in the thread is exactly the same in my set. Did this turn out to be the main board? I suspect that is what is bad in mine.

My daughter has an identical set and it has failed with the same symptoms at about the same age - about 1 year old.

Any new info?

Comment

Sorry, I did not see the last few responses in this thread. I will replace the main board and post results.

Comment

yep this is a strange problem just resolved it took a while anyone having this problem where you have pic no sound on the tuner board u will see the big heatsink the main prosesser is underneath take a heat gun on it for about 30 seconds tops. while its hot apply pressure for 5 min the key is to resolder that prosesser do not overheat let cool 15 min before installing may take 1 min before power light resumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Neonpeon View Post
                          I need some help on this one please.
                          SYMPTOMS: Black Screen
                          I WAS able to get the SCEPTRE screen to come up after it had been off for a couple of hours. Have replaced the Main board. Same Symptoms.
                          Plug it in, I get RED light, Hit the power button light goes blue.
                          I can not power off without unplugging it.
                          I have checked voltages on power supply, they all seem fine.
                          If I unplug the cable from the video board to the inverter, I get backlights.
                          Also I don't seem to be getting much power to the Tcon, not sure where to look here.
                          Hi, I accidentally put thee lvds in wrong and smoked Q7 on the vdeo main board, can someone tell me what it is and suggest a replacement,?? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X