Samsung P2770H vertical green lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung P2770H vertical green lines

I have a Samsung P2770H monitor, on which I replaced the main board because it has an issue that it would restart itself every X minutes, that resolved that issue.

Now, a few months later I turn the pc on and find 3 1px vertical green lines on the monitor, the lines wont show up on a screenshot. Does the same with dvi or hdmi.

I opened it up and made sure the panel connection to the board wasn't loose and the flat cable looks ok. Pressing the connectors while the monitor is on sometimes changes the line colors from green to blue or yellow, but the lines are always there and no new ones appear.

I tried disconnecting the flat cable when the monitor was on, and it goes all white, without the vertical lines, so I guess the panel is fine and it's something on the board. I inspected it visually and nothing looks burnt.

This is the board:

Is there some component known for causing this type of issues I could check? Because I still have the old board with the reset issue I could salvage some components from.

Re: Samsung P2770H vertical green lines

Update:

I already have a replacement in shipping so I didn't care if the monitor broke even more and dismantled it completely.

I found the issue, it's the tabs that connect the panel to the driver. I removed the panel metal frame and the exposed tabs looked almost black in the middle (where the "chip?" is). They ran very hot when the monitor was on, and it seems that over the years that heat damaged the tabs. On the tab that had the lines, moving it a little bit made the chip fall off.

The tabs are 8031-LCBLA. There are only one or two chinese sites selling them and are not the popular sites we all know. But even if I could get the replacement tabs, is that something one can replace manually at home? I did some quick googling and it looks like it's done with big machines.

The other option is to replace the panel (M270H1 L01) but it looks like it has been discontinued for some time and the few I found cost more than the new monitor I bought. Is there some place where I can find panels compatibles with the M270H1 L01 to see if maybe one of them is cheap as to make the repair worth it?

Comment

Working...
    X