X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

My Name is Steve, I'm a bit of a novis at this.

I have been doing board level repairs on macbooks,ipads and iPhones as a hobby for a while now and use this site all the time for info so thought I would take the plung and get involved.

Comment

hi my name is med i'm an electronic technician i hope share my experience with you and learn from you guys thank you.

Comment

Just came across this site. Looks more technical than many.
        Have been doing electronics repairs since high school (tube radios and TVs in the 70s).
        First PC experience was an RCA 1802 kit.

Comment

Hi, I've been recently trying to get into electronics repair and troubleshooting. Mostly iPhones, Tvs, and Laptops. Loving how in-depth this forum has been technically.

Comment

Hi there.

This looks like it will be a handy site.

I got my degree in electronics circa 1998. I do it mostly as a hobby now-a-days.

Comment

Hi guys

I'm an electrician by trade and it's been a long time since I'v learnt about electronic components but have recently been finding it a buzz (excuse the pun) fault finding on tv sets.

I'm having a little difficulty, I'm currently at 0 tvs repaired lol but I will persist!

I have 4 faulty sets and have been told by the Mrs I'm not allowed to buy any more until these are repaired.

I still have hope, that we can get to the bottom of the problems.

I'm hoping with the knowledge and experience of the folk on this site I will get the confidence to put money down on the replacement boards I need. Assuming I can't find the faulty components.

I've been doing my research on YouTube tutorials in my spare time.

Thanks

Comment

Hi im wayne and new to the group im having problems with a sharp lc37x20e it gives four red and two green flashes which tells me ive lost 3.3v digital no standby and no picture at a guess theres no pwer to the t con iv read a thread on here but the part numbers are for a 42" model a chip and a cap etc for voltage testing so im a bit in the dark any help would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by wayne thorley View Post
                  Hi im wayne and new to the group im having problems with a sharp lc37x20e it gives four red and two green flashes which tells me ive lost 3.3v digital no standby and no picture at a guess theres no pwer to the t con iv read a thread on here but the part numbers are for a 42" model a chip and a cap etc for voltage testing so im a bit in the dark any help would be appreciated
                  sorry two red and four green flashes!

Comment

Hey everyone! I'm a newb here. I'm a Computer Engineer by trade but don't have a lot of experience with board level design and debug. I've picked up fixing broken TVs as a hobby and am looking to improve my diagnostic skills by learning from this wonderful community!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne thorley View Post
                      sorry two red and four green flashes!

Comment

Hello from Green Bay Wisconsin. I'm Lee with over 30+ years in the electronics field. Somewhere around 15,000 service calls ran. I used to change so many laptop MB's I saw them in my sleep!

Comment

My name is Josh. I'm from Cincinnati and look forward to all of the experience on this forum. I spent 3 years as a component level service technician for the cable industry. Mostly set to boxes and line gear. Any way I'm moving into more TV repair and have a few questions. Thanks

Comment

Hello

Comment

60 years young living in Wales UK diy sort of person.Enjoy learning new ( and re-learning ) stuff . Fixing ability limited to reflowing or tablet repairing for the family computers etc
                              Totally new to replacing bad caps etc so will just be reading other more capable posts whilst fumbling through some tv and possibly psu repairs projects ,been self employed most of my life jack of many trades , a great believer in self sufficiency whenever possible.

Comment

Hey guys! My name is Shai, I'm from Israel. Mostly a DIY kind of guy

Comment

Hm, something about me.

Well I hope that I can get some help here to find a part for my broken TV.

Sorry if my English is a bumpy, I'm German nerver was good in English at scholl. Always had a 4 or 5 in tests. 1 is very good 6 is failed :-)

I will do my best to make my posts clear

Comment

Hello, I'm Joe.

10 years active duty in the RF transmissions field. 33 years old, from California, livin' the dream. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Comment

Hi!
                                      I am Hungarian TV technician and worked for 25 years in this business. I am now retired and just a hobby. I'm looking this forum and sometimes I want to ask for help from professionals in that forum.
                                      Last edited by takfer; 04-25-2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Hi. I've been lurking on and off for years and finally joined so I can see all the secret pictures! I'm a recently retired mechanical engineer/designer who's tinkered with PC's since my first: Leading Edge w/ 640k and 2 5-1/4 floppies circa 1984. It needed lots of upgrades so there's how it all started. I've home built numerous systems, most recently a i7 that I plan to use for video editing and maybe some CAD if I can find cheap/free software to use. I'm currently trying to consolidate and clean up years of (now useless out of date) stuff but found a "project" m-board that needs a recap. I should just through it out but I can resist trying just to see if I can do it...

Comment

Hello im new guys..
                                          We looking for knowledge for fixing my laptop
                                          Thankyou badcaps..

Comment

Working...
                                          X