Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II turns on and off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II turns on and off

Hello . I have this Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II motherboard which is acting very strange . If I get the ram module out it stays on , but clearly not working ( ASUS Q-LED not lighting up at all) . If I put a ram module into the ram slots ( ASUS Q-LED same not lighting up) but the motherboard keeps turning on and off ever 1-2 seconds . What is going on ? The CPU get warm in the process so I presume tit works well . What can it be ? Where should I look ?
    Thanks

Re: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II turns on and off

Also found this boardview of the motherboard . but I can`t seem to find my way around . Maybe someone can help

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi, my test rig motherboard is not the same, its a gigabyte, but it does the same when memmory not well inserted, it turns on and off every 2 or three seconds, it beeps like posting and turns off, then on and again beep and off. So It looks like memmory problem.

Clear bios, clean slots and clean memmory pads. If not working, try inserting memmory full and then taking them out just a bit, try a good memmory module you know it works in other PCs, try just one module in every slot.

Hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by foshland View Post
          Hi, my test rig motherboard is not the same, its a gigabyte, but it does the same when memmory not well inserted, it turns on and off every 2 or three seconds, it beeps like posting and turns off, then on and again beep and off. So It looks like memmory problem.

Clear bios, clean slots and clean memmory pads. If not working, try inserting memmory full and then taking them out just a bit, try a good memmory module you know it works in other PCs, try just one module in every slot.

Hope it helps

I tried clearing BIOs , reflashed bios , etc . The thing is that the motherboard has some leds that can point where the problem is and none of the led lights up . I presume is something broken on the motherboard like a little smd or something

Comment

If it turns on every 1 to 2 seconds, there is a short at the secondary circuit. you need to measure each voltage . STart with the ram voltage first..

Comment

Originally posted by anikin73 View Post
              If it turns on every 1 to 2 seconds, there is a short at the secondary circuit. you need to measure each voltage . STart with the ram voltage first..
              I got it to start with a motherboard post tester into the TPM socket . If I remove the post tester from that TPM socket it does not start . Anyone has any ideeas why ? I tried disabling tpm from bios but still doesn`t start if I don`t have the tester there

Comment

post tester does not affect powering up.
                I suggest.
                1) take out your cpu 8 pins connectors. press Start button.
                if it spins continously, it means the 24 pins side is fine. short at cpu voltage area

Comment

Working...
                X