• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Slim Nec Tokin Questions...

Hiya ! New Here from Philippines...

i recently have a strange PS3 issue
    i have to power it on for almost 10 tries before it boots normally

then i disassembled the unit i saw one of the NEC Tokin plastic is a little bloated than the others...

anyways is there an alternate way to replace this like the Tantalum Caps Method used on laptops ? and how many should i use for each tokin ?

NEC TOKIN 0E108 marked on the chip not sure of the value
    and what tantalum caps value to use too...

thanks
    swensonb

Re: PS3 Slim Nec Tokin Questions...

Wow! I'm beginning to hate the slim PlayStations!
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's not just the slims with the Nec/Tokin OE128 Proadlizers...

I'm sort of shocked how all of the PS3 "repair" videos I've seen have never once brought that up. They "reflow" the CPU, some residual heat gets on the caps and reforms them somewhat, the console works for a month, but the most important thing is that they got paid.
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by swensonb View Post
        Hiya ! New Here from Philippines...

i recently have a strange PS3 issue
        i have to power it on for almost 10 tries before it boots normally

then i disassembled the unit i saw one of the NEC Tokin plastic is a little bloated than the others...

anyways is there an alternate way to replace this like the Tantalum Caps Method used on laptops ? and how many should i use for each tokin ?

NEC TOKIN 0E108 marked on the chip not sure of the value
        and what tantalum caps value to use too...

thanks
        swensonb
        Hi kabayan, each of that NEC tokin for 3pcs 370 tantalum caps..thats it, and ready to go again. ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X