X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,

I've taken an interest in doing component repair from watching videos on youtube and having a large stockpile of "dead" laptop from my computer repair bussiness.

Looking to learn and improve my skill set

Comment

In my search to troubleshoot my just-out-of-warranty Toshiba LED LCD TV the roads with detailed info led to this forum
      Have always loved to tinker & as interested in learning how TV works as I am in can I fix it.
      Looking forward to browsing the forum boards & learning from others
      Just beginning the learning curve for this forum 😬😬

Comment

Greeting from Michigan.
        Started out with a tandy mod 1 back in the 70's, then to a tandy mod III, Tandy coco! By the 80's, moved up to Amiga 500, 2000 with toaster and still have most of these around. Broadcast engineer by trade, Musician by nite (plus keep all the other musicians equipment running.

Loving this site more everyday!
        Keep up the good work!!!

Comment

Well, I have got this free tv (Sharp LC-40LE820X) that just does not want to start and keeps blinking two lights. Put my hands on to fix it with help from other members.

I love tinkering with electronics, did what I could do and at last used Mr. Google and rocked up at BadCaps. Lets see if fixing the tv could be a success.

Comment

Hello! I am excited to be joining this community. I've just gotten started in doing a few board repairs on old laptops I've had lounging around and have fixed a few of them. I've been looking to get more in depth and learn. There is a really satisfying feeling when you can resurrect something you love.

I hope to continue my success here and learn from all of you.

Comment

Hey! I'm a tech enthusiast that loves tinkering and repairing things. Been doing it all my life back when I would take apart my nintendo, ps2, controllers, etc.

Now I'm in my early 20's just figuring out what I want to do in life and really became interested in tech realizing I've been working with electronics my whole life but always thought of it more as a hobby vs a potential career until now. I really just love figuring out how things work and enjoy learning new things.

Comment

Hi, I'm a retired systems analyst and I love computers, and computer software programming. I need to fix one of my LCD TV's that just blew up so I joined this forum!

Comment

Hey everyone. Name is Butch, been messing with electronics and motors for some time now. I just have a mechanical mind, like seeing how things work.

Comment

Heloo everyone,I am from Romania,my name is Csaba,I have hungarian nationality.About myself,I am retired,I had worked in electricity,electronics and computers.Now I folllow my old hobby,the tv and computers reparations,also I work a lot with android tv players.
                    Thank you that accepted me on your forum!

Comment

Hello, thank for this Forum, i have a new microscope and would like yo learn a lot.

Comment

Hello from Ireland.
                        I'm electronic designer by education, network admin by trade. Decided to get back to hardware stuff

Comment

Hello everyone, I am from Romania, my name is Adrian. About myself, I am teacher, and love to fix everything!. Now I follow my old hobby, the tv and computers reparations, Thank you that accepted me on your forum!

Comment

Hey everyone, thanks for the add from Chicago. I've got training as a mechanical engineer and used to run a side business repairing and restoring vintage tube amps. I make it a rule to always try to repair my own electronics, lately I've been having trouble with a couple of computer monitors and research brought me here!

Comment

Hi all,

Klagoosh is actually a name given to me by my wife's family that means something about being untied... You can call me Dave.

I'm an all around tech guy who happened across this forum when dealing with a weird problem with a high end Samsung monitor.

So far, no one seems to have posted anything anywhere on the Net about this, which is kind of surprising, considering this is a couple years old.

I'm dealing with a Samsung 275T PLUS display unit. The backlights work, it turns on like normal, dims slightly in the lower third almost instantly, then dies after a couple more seconds. When I say dies, I mean the whole display is dead, not just the backlights (did flashlight test). However if I turn it off and on right away, it does the same thing again.

I found one bad capacitor with a meter, but the rest test fine. None are discolored or blown up. Replacing the bad one didn't make any noticeable difference.

Comment

hello. charanjit singh from india. I am an ECE Engineer.

Comment

Hello from New Zealand! Per my user name, I found this site looking for a fix to a dead emu1820m audio dock. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Hi there. My name is Angelos. I have been involved in the consumer electronics service industry since 1996. Nowadays this job is more of a hobby than a business. There is no more training being offered on the newest tv tech leaving us guessing as to how the stuff works. On top of that, service manuals do not have schematics since it is not expected to repair but rather replace boards. I am excited to participate in this forum and share the bit that i know. I am from south africa and have a business installing digital satellite receiver systems.

Comment

Hello from Portugal, I'm a recently graduated EE interested in electronics repair. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

Comment

Hello from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I picked up a "curbside special" Westinghouse 40" LCD, doesn't power up. I'm looking for some troubleshooting tips to see if I can fix it without replacing the main board. I have an Electronics Technologist background, and can work my way around a schematic if needed. I like to build audio equipment as a hobby, so I know my way around a soldering iron.

Comment

Hello everyone!!! I would just like to start by saying a big Thank You to all who help and share their knowledge base with others for the sake of helping and learning. My name is Nate and I am new to forums. The reason I came on-board was I recently acquired a few monitors and one of them was inop when I went to power it up. So after a few days of googling and searching the web I found this website. I have tore down the monitor and now I need some help with the diag part of the repair. I have the part numbers of circuit boards and some good pics I have taken after reading the "how to take pictures post" I am a Automotive Technician by trade and always liked the electrical part of the job. Digging into a stereo or taking a part a door switch to see how it worked and why it failed has always been what I have enjoyed. Thanks for reading. Good Day!

Comment

Working...
                                          X