ps3 hdmi problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps3 hdmi problem

I there guys , i received another console , client was complaining about not getting into system , we rebuilded database , and it start going to system , but we noticed somethimes on hdmi , signal would be lost and only av would be working . so we reinstaled frmware , and i been playing for like 3 days , always omn hdmi , with no problem . client took it home , and came back today , saying its doing the same shit , on hdmi sudently lost signal . and only av is working .

RSX problem ? meanwhile i opened it , and cheked all soldereds on the hdmi port , and resoldered in case could be a cold joint or something , but nop .. problem persist
    never had this issue .

i had some previous one that HDMI was not working at all ..

this is the model with the black plastic PSU.

any toughs are apreciated.

Re: ps3 hdmi problem

Yes that would be the RSX at fault most likely.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

well i was thinking on that , but was thinking with a bit of luck , would not be the RSX problem .. unfortunetly , well , will mention to him about reballing ... but i wouldn't bother much for that , this chip is dieing thats for sure , and new RSX chip , never found and i will never found , will advise him to buy a new one .

Comment

You need replace Sil IC or Panasonic IC MN.....

Comment

it could be the rsx which is the cause of 99% of issues, the hdmi uses more power so if the solder balls are brittle then it wont work but a/v still works fine as its not high def

Comment

well , the weird thing is that this shit was happening before system reinstall . after that i played COD ghost entire campaign during 3 days ,, playing a bit pause , playing a bit pause , since i cannot stay all day long playing , im in a lab of a shop :P .. so all was good , and now again same issue . i thinked on the UPconverter hdmi IC , but seems strange to be this ic , sounds a RSX .. but fuck i hate this , when we cannot conclude a malfunctions without a good measure teory , instead of reworking chipset .. :S frustrating.

Comment

Working...
            X