Chinese Hifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese Hifi

you know how willa feels about china products. even he say gawd that symmetry is beautiful. true dual mono.........yummy

http://www.xs4all.nl/~viver/chinese%...sun%20v6i.html

Korsun oems for Mark Levinson's Red Rose company not only for the above but for the below also.

http://www.geocities.com/super_bq/Korsun.html

china hifi at many times the price for us market. thanks Mark! ok components are upgraded but 10x the cost?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by willawake; 05-06-2006, 01:10 PM.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Re: Chinese Hifi

Orient Power sounds like a premium brand from Asia... I have also seen valve amplifiers from Chinese manufactuers (China also manufactures valves as well!), and I think a lot of them are well built.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

That is very well made, indeed. At the lower end, I've seen some excellent 5-channel speaker sets (2 front towers, center/sub and rear towers) that seem to be very good JBL knock-offs - at about $100 a set. It's only a matter of time before real high-end audio from China shows up - but until then, there's tonnes of vintage Japanese Hi-Fi on EBay and elsewhere that's begging to be restored. I saw a Sansui A-80 (with working VU meters) and an Onkyo M-8000 locally, as well.

The trouble with high-end audio is that today's entry-level low-end audio sounds as good or better than yesterday's high-end audio. Listen to Panasonic or JVC bookshelf/integrated systems - here's the Panasonic SC-PM91D, for example:

http://www.panasonic.ae/PMM/English/...=1278&CatId=54

Comment

It's only a matter of time before real high-end audio from China shows up
        There is already Shenzen Shanling Electronic a very respected high end company. Probably several others also, but i am not that familiar with hifi market.

audio is a very nice market though, possible to start small coming in at the very high end, impress people. Do that for a few years then expand the range to be more affordable, get big sell many products.

The Chinese really need to work with developing strong brands and work with people in end markets to design, brand and market the products. There is no brand potential for crap. Cheap yes but crap no, "disposable" products can only go so far. With the audio market it would need service centers in each end user country to be developed. Personally no matter how great something is, if it costs a significant amount, lack of service centre would be a factor in dissuading me from purchasing a piece of far eastern audio. This would be a problem for the smaller companies.

Since the Chinese like to work together why not develop a network of service centers which are financed by a consortium of companies and servicing all their company products. That could work well in sharing the costs. Some of the big brands in Greece like sony etc are serviced by authorised third party service network. it works fine.

Personally if i was chinese i would be dissapointed that a large proportion of the manufacturing in general is done for non chinese companies which are creating strong brands and making lots of money on the back of what are basically rebranded chinese products. The problem with that is that there is danger that the manufacturing will be eventually done in a cheaper country once china becomes too expensive. Developing own brands is the way to go. Looking at some of the high end Chinese audio, they have potential to do well.
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Originally posted by willawake
          There is already Shenzen Shanling Electronic a very respected high end company...

The Chinese really need to work with developing strong brands and work with people in end markets to design, brand and market the products. There is no brand potential for crap. ... Developing own brands is the way to go. Looking at some of the high end Chinese audio, they have potential to do well.
          Shanling is certainly amazing Bling, and there's a niche market for that stuff. But they need a brand that's the equivalent of, say, Nikon F in 1960. Very solidly manufactured, no bling, purely functional, good aesthetics, utterly reliable, modular, and easily available spares. If that shows up and they are able to make even better follow-on models, they could be upselling into the market for 5 decades, as Nikon has successfully done. I'd also choose a short and easily remembered brand name - 'Shenzhen Shanling' won't cut it, just as 'Nippon Kogaku' would not have cut it in 1960.

Comment

Working...
          X