Dell XPS M170 inverter or LCD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell XPS M170 inverter or LCD?

I have a new to me Dell XPS M170 computer, upon booting up from cold the screen has a pink hue to it but goes away in around 10 seconds and will work anywhere from 2-10 minutes before flicking and going off. alot of times I can shut the lid and the screen will come back from sleep only to go off shortly after.

The duration of the screen staying on seems to depend on how long its off. also I can of course still see the screen if a flashlight is pointed on it. Do you guys think its an inverter causing the problem or the CFL bulbs going bad, it is noticeably dimmer then other dell 17 inch laptops I have had even at full brightness.

Also wanted to add I re seated the inverter and LCD cables on the screen and to the graphics card.

Any help appreciated.
    My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Re: Dell XPS M170 inverter or LCD?

Most likely aged CCFL.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Re: Dell XPS M170 inverter or LCD?

Thank you I will have to look into getting another screen
      My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Working...
      X