820-01041 Wont Turn On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

820-01041 Wont Turn On

I have a a Macbook Pro 15" Touch 2018 that was liquid spill at Q7065. Prior to clean the area the computer was turn on but won't charge the battery. After reflowing the area ultrasonic the logic board and dry out after dry out computer won't turn on anymore. I have 19v on the charger with 975mAh. I have to test all the power rail and found out that PP3V_S5 power rail and PP1V8_S5 are missing, these power rail coming from U1200. Any suggestions or input I would really appreciate. Question! What powering up the U1200 chip?

PPBUS_G3H is 12.56v
    Last edited by MobileXT; 08-12-2020, 10:31 PM.

Re: 820-01041 Wont Turn On

20V 0.9A but missing PP3V3_S5/PP1V8_S5? There's a probably a short to ground somewhere.
    These power rails don't come from the PCH U1200, they come from the PMIC U7800 and power the PCH.
    Power architecture of this board (like all T2 boards) is very complex and obscure, so one way to approach the problem would be to go through the list of power rails and measure voltage and exact resistance to ground on all of them.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Theres is no short to ground on these two power rail PP1V8_S5 and PP3V3_S5.

Comment

Problem Solve:

I replaced ISL9240 and the battery and everything working fine now. Thanks!

Comment

@MobileXT, have to ask, from where did you source the ISL9240? A donor board or you have available new devices? Did you reball the component if used? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
            @MobileXT, have to ask, from where did you source the ISL9240? A donor board or you have available new devices? Did you reball the component if used? Thanks.
            It's a Refurbish ISL9240 from Ebay.

Comment

I got the same problem but a short to ground on PP3V3_S5. Tried all the caps in the circuit no shorts. But there is short to ground. Can't find the IC responsible. Any ideas?

Comment

@lightfinger - what is the resistance to ground on the PP3V3_S5 rail ?

Comment

Originally posted by lightfinger View Post
                  I got the same problem but a short to ground on PP3V3_S5. Tried all the caps in the circuit no shorts. But there is short to ground. Can't find the IC responsible. Any ideas?
                  Did you try inject voltage on PP3V3_S5?

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
                    Found the culprit its the U9850 and the PP3V3_S5 is short to ground there. waiting for the replacement. Will report back once I get to know where I'm.

Comment

Originally posted by MobileXT View Post
                      Did you try inject voltage on PP3V3_S5?
                      yes that's what I did and the found the culprit.

Comment

Working...
                      X