Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook retina Ic rework

Hi

We start to repair Macbook pro retina. We have a problem about the CPU/GPU. This product use a SR16T, a CPU and GPU together.
    This component is narrow and long, when we try to rework, the component rises to the ends, to the middle it remains well aligned to the card. The result is a bed rework.

we use an infrared rework machine, an Achi 6500.

Any suggestion to rework this component correctly? We try to play with the distance of the head, or by the bottom temperature, without success.

Thanks for you help

Luca

Re: Macbook retina Ic rework

The cpu should straighten when reflow temperature is achieved. If mainboard is warping - it is usually due to uneven temperature across the board. Any pictures of the setup? How board is placed etc.

Comment

The board does not flex. The CPU bends to the sides, upwards.

Comment

Sorry, have never seen this. The cpu is curved the opposite way when cold and not installed on mainboard. It will straighten when temperature goes up. If using lead-free balls then try to reball with leaded balls to lower installation temperature.

Comment

Hi Thanks for the reply.

The problem we have is the opposite. The CPU is straight, when it is heated it bends to the sides and the bubbles detach from the motherboard. in the center it remains well positioned. When it cools it tends to go back into position, but not completely.

Thanks Luca

Comment

Never faced that though i use a hot air bga machine. Seems like bad profile setup.

Comment

a picture of the problem would help us find what is wrong.

Comment

I don't know how to post a picture. i try but open a window with an http link.

Comment

Working...
                X