Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp Probook 455 G3 DAX73AMB6E1 blinking charge light, not turning on

Originally posted by BlueMidnight View Post
    Inside the main "Colibri_CH341.rar" archive, there is another archive named "CH341PAR drivers.rar". Inside that archive is a setup.exe program you can run to install the drivers.
    I finally got the drivers installed. What's next. How do I run program? Does the clip have to be on to run program. want to explore a little before I try to read. I don't know where pin 1 is on programmer to connect it correctly.

Comment

Bump!
      Last edited by rccrasher65; 06-23-2021, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rccrasher65 View Post
        Bump!
        Here`s a good guide for you to read https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...rammer/32948/3

Click on the +Spoiler to see the pictures
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 07:53 AM. Reason: edited winraid link
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          Here`s a good guide for you to read https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...rammer/32948/3

Click on the +Spoiler to see the pictures
          Thank you!
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Thank you!
            From a quick glance through, looks like a very informative set of instructions. Thank you for the link.

Comment

From a quick glance through, looks like a very informative set of instructions. Thank you for the link.
              I have everything connected correctly, but file to run program is not listed. driver install was successful as well. stuck don' know what to do from here.

Comment

Inside the main "Colibri_CH341.rar" archive there is a "Colibri.rar" archive. Extract that and run Colibri.exe (The one with the icon of a bird).

Comment

winzip trial expired, any other way to open that rar file. Thanks

Comment

winzip trial expired, any other way to open that rar file. Thanks
                    7-zip https://www.7-zip.org/download.html
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks, found one , opened all files, got program running and it's in Russian. have no clue as to change language. I'm just about had it with all this, well beyond my scope of skills. Anyone know how to change language

Comment

In Colibri, click the rightmost menu in the menu bar. It will drop down 4 items. Choose the 3rd item and then choose English.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks BM!

Comment

In Colibri, click the rightmost menu in the menu bar. It will drop down 4 items. Choose the 3rd item and then choose English.
                            Nothing but error messages, I think I'm done with all this. Anybody I can send this board too, for a flash.

Comment

I do believe I have the program now. only problem is I can't get that shitty clip to stay on correctly.I only have 3 ic's that have 8 pins, can someone show me the correct one they are close to the battery. That might be my problem. I'll work on it till I get it correctly connected. BM can you show me the bios chip when you have time. Thanks

Comment

Holy moley this is a long thread. Being lazy here as I wish to watch the next episode of Black Summer on Netflix...short version - you wish to reflash the bios chip on your logic board ?

Assuming yes, look for a 8 pin chip that has the markings of "25" in the part #.

Post clear pix of the chip if in doubt. Motherboards often use SPI flash ICs which are the 25xx series and available from many suppliers.

Winbond is popular but there are others out there.

Either way, each such chip has a manufacturer ID and then a product / density ID that the flash tool will extract using common SPI commands.

This will also verify that you have the 8 pin clamps on properly.

PS: Personally concerned about the use of such tools to reflash the target IC while in the system (ie. soldered on the logic board).

Raised this concern before and do not believe that anyone posted a reply:

a) the signals on this SPI flash device are push-pull type and are driven by the host motherboard's logic. Specifically, these signals are not guaranteed to be tri-stated.

b) Now, enter this external programmer which is also push-pull type of interface. How can this external tool assert its logic levels to challenge the motherboard's logic ? You cannot mate multiple push-pull drivers and expect a positive outcome.

c) Then there is the power rail on the motherboard powering the SPI flash. Likely +3v3 but could be another value. This value should be read with a meter before proceeding. Next, this tool will assert its power rail onto the same Vcc pin. So the voltages will be "OR'd" ?

I can only see this working if:

a) the logic board is held in #RESET (LOW) to tristate the motherboard logic
                                b) only ONE power source is used to power this target IC - what is the voltage of the target flash IC ?

yet have seen many talk about just clamping the 8 pin zero force socket to reflash the target IC.

Better solution is to use hot-air tools to remove the IC and apply onto a small SOIC to DIP board and then use this tool. Cannot see the other methods working properly and likely will lead to damage.
                                Last edited by mon2; 07-01-2021, 03:50 PM.

Comment

The BIOS chip is labeled U19 and is indeed located in the corner of the board, near the coin cell battery.

The main thing with the clip is just that it attaches farther down on the chip than most people may expect if they've never used one.

The clip is attached by spreading the jaws, pushing it right up against the board, and then letting the jaws close around the sides of the chip as you hold it against the board. When properly attached, the nose of the clip should be flat up against the board and the clip will stand straight up and down (not tilting to either side).

If the nose of the clip is not touching the board then it's not going to stay in place. Push it all the way down and get as much of the chip inside the jaws as you can before closing the jaws.

Pin 1 on the clip (the one that the red/pink wire goes to) should be towards pin 1 on the BIOS chip (marked by a little white dot next to the pin on the board).

No time to take a photo right this second, but if you google something like "bios chip clip", I see that you'll get a few photos among the results that show correctly attached clips you can use as a reference.

Comment

The BIOS chip is labeled U19 and is indeed located in the corner of the board, near the coin cell battery.

The main thing with the clip is just that it attaches farther down on the chip than most people may expect if they've never used one.

The clip is attached by spreading the jaws, pushing it right up against the board, and then letting the jaws close around the sides of the chip as you hold it against the board. When properly attached, the nose of the clip should be flat up against the board and the clip will stand straight up and down (not tilting to either side).

If the nose of the clip is not touching the board then it's not going to stay in place. Push it all the way down and get as much of the chip inside the jaws as you can before closing the jaws.

Pin 1 on the clip (the one that the red/pink wire goes to) should be towards pin 1 on the BIOS chip (marked by a little white dot next to the pin on the board).

No time to take a photo right this second, but if you google something like "bios chip clip", I see that you'll get a few photos among the results that show correctly attached clips you can use as a reference.
                                    Thanks BM. I just might de solder chip. I've done 144pin chips with alot of success, this 8 pin is nothing. I'll practice with the clip on the junk boards,and when I do the good board I'll take the chip off.

Comment

Thanks BM. I just might de solder chip. I've done 144pin chips with alot of success, this 8 pin is nothing. I'll practice with the clip on the junk boards,and when I do the good board I'll take the chip off.
                                      Going to need some time to get this all right, so I'll get back to you when I have a good feel for what I'm doing.

Comment

Going to need some time to get this all right, so I'll get back to you when I have a good feel for what I'm doing.
                                        Gents,going to have to pick this up in late fall, sept or oct. I just have to much going on right now. I think I have enough info to run a practice run on bad boards for now, but will get back to you in fall when I want to flash good board.

Comment

Okay, take care.

Comment

Working...
                                          X