Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus X550JX 2.0 Laptop Dead

Hello All,
    I thought I should put this in a new thread.

The issue:
    The laptop has no signs of life if AC or battery is connected, apart from a quick flick of light from LED5606 (sometimes).

No 3.3v & 5v power rails, I tested this at the power button connector, (J6201)
    I found that the 3.3v rail (J6201 pin1) has a resistance of 1.5ohms to GND first red flag.

I investigated further and found that PU9100 and PU8100 get very warm if not hot once power is connected. (maybe one of them is at fault or under extreme load)

If I back feed the 3.3v rail with 1-2volts the only IC which then gets warm is U3001, I suspect a short in the IC, can anyone confirm my suspicions or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Many thanks

Re: Asus X550JX 2.0 Laptop Dead

I don't have and can't Look Into Boardview right now.

Please Share the exact Power- and Signal-Rail naming. Which Is the purpose of the Controller you mentioned? Top markings?

Screenshots of the Boardview Would be also nice
    FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Hello Sephir0th,

I have uploaded some pictures of the various IC's and connector from boardview, with stated voltages rail names.

Also pictures of the actual laptop board with the IC's highlighted.

Please let me know if you require any other info to help.

Many thanks :-)
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, +3VA_EC is shorted which points indeed to the Embedded Controller U3001 from experience. If you don't have found any other suspicious Low Ohms Readings you should Remove it and Check resistances again.
        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Thank for the confirmation and help, I will remove the IC and test again.

Comment

Working...
          X