Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Probook 650 G2 won't turn on after bios chip replacement

hello,

i have an HP Probook 650 G2 , i have replaced the chip with another one because my bios was locked and i didnt know the password.

it was working fine until i had to replace the bios chip.
    now its not turning on only the fan spins at high speed but i get no display at all.

does someone have an idea of what it could be?

thanks in advance

Re: HP Probook 650 G2 won't turn on after bios chip replacement

And what was the content of the other chip?
    Did you put it back with same orientation?

Comment

what do you mean by content?
      i have just ordered an new and already programmed chip on ebay.
      i have put it back with same orientation. only the ground connection of the motherboard got broken. but i have jumped it with a jumper cable to the ground of the motherboard. can this be the reason?

Comment

Not sure how good are these preprogrammed chips, i mean the content. Put the old one back and if it is ok then try to solve it with seller.

Comment

the problem is that i dont have the old chip anymore, i cant find it.

Comment

2 options come to mind:
            1. Buy spi programmer, save the content of the bought chip and try to find correct one online (this forum has many threads with that model).
            2. Buy another chip from ebay and hope for the best.

Loosing the original content makes your task harder, there might be different mainboards used in the same model of notebook that is why having the original dump is a good reference point when searching for correct bios.

Comment

hi, i have already ordered an spi programmer im waiting for it to arrive will try your suggestions..thanks

Comment

i also have an fully working hp probook 450.. would it work if i took the bios chip from it and put it to the probook 650 G2??

Comment

Originally posted by capon5153 View Post
                  i also have an fully working hp probook 450.. would it work if i took the bios chip from it and put it to the probook 650 G2??
                  No dont work

Comment

hello,
                    i have found my original chip and i think i have managed to read it with my ch341a programmer, can someone please unlock it??
                    Attached Files

Comment

The content of that file is blank. You did not read anything.

Comment

Originally posted by capon5153 View Post
                        hello,

i have an HP Probook 650 G2 , i have replaced the chip with another one because my bios was locked and i didnt know the password.

it was working fine until i had to replace the bios chip.
                        now its not turning on only the fan spins at high speed but i get no display at all.

does someone have an idea of what it could be?

thanks in advance
                        are you sure, that nothing got knocked off the board (i.e. resistor) while changing the chip?

Comment

I have a similar problem. I have an HP ProBook 650 G2. Unfortunately I don't have a dump from this notebook. I have uploaded a biosfile from the Internet with the ch341a. The notebook now starts up again but I cannot change the SKU, SN ...... because it is in MPM "Lock" mode. I've tried several things but nothing has worked so far. I would have all the data like SKU, BoardID and model. Maybe you can feed the existing bios with the appropriate data and I will then flash the customized biosfile.

Sorry for my bad English. Unfortunately I did everything with the translator

Comment

Can you give us your serial/pcid/BID !maybe we can know your right bios

Comment

SN/ 5CG6514SCH pcid = T4J10ET#ABD BID/ PFKCQ00WB561EA

I hope you mind pcid is ProductID

Comment

Originally posted by BADJACK80 View Post
                                SN/ 5CG6514SCH pcid = T4J10ET#ABD BID/ PFKCQ00WB561EA

I hope you mind pcid is ProductID
                                try this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T57ktw8n3Y
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I had already tried that, unfortunately without success. I worked through the individual points, but the Dos window closed again without changing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BADJACK80 View Post
                                    I had already tried that, unfortunately without success. I worked through the individual points, but the Dos window closed again without changing anything.
                                    look, that's what I tried and it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP3A3HWM_-Q
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

it's a little difficult to give you your bios dump without the old one , can you give us the motherboard identification

Comment

I have already tried the HP BiosConfigTool. That unfortunately did not work. Since the device is probably still in MPM "lock mode". I have already renamed the FSMC.bin to SMC.bin but then I get an error message when booting. I have now attached the pictures of the individual error messages.

Image 1 = current error message with the biosfile from the Internet
                                        Image 2 = error message from wndmifit64
                                        Image 3 - 5 = model and board names of the laptop

I will also attach the dump from the internet with which the laptop "runs".

:::: EDIT :::::

Image 6 = Errormessage HPBiosConfigUT.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by BADJACK80; 04-09-2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X