HP ZBook 15 G5 Mobile Workstation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP ZBook 15 G5 Mobile Workstation

Having boot problem on this machine,it is stuck on boot logo.tried a clean me, machine works fine but if i disconnect the charger it will not power up again unless i remove cmos battery.the bios update from support was useless for me.here is the originl dump and the clean me outimage from f.i.t.motherboard code da0xw3mbag0 rev:g.
    Attached Files

Re: HP ZBook 15 G5 Mobile Workstation

hey, any progress with this ? i have similar issue on zbook 15 G3

Comment

Originally posted by thinkbot View Post
      hey, any progress with this ? i have similar issue on zbook 15 G3
      it is an intel me problem i am almost sure.but??Can you post your dump to have alook at?
      Last edited by bachir2004; 05-06-2019, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bachir2004 View Post
        it is an intel me problem i am almost sure.but??Can you post your dump to have alook at?
        I think i see the problem.Run the bios update exe (01.06.03 Rev.A) on windows but don`t create the USB key , go to C:\SWSetup and find 2 bin files. One is called firmwareRecovery.bin ,the other is Q70_010603.bin .You have firmwareRecovery.bin in your bios backup and outimage.bin . If you merge Q70_010603.bin it should be ok.Use the same versions CSE ME and PMC as in your bios backup for FIT.

In the changelog for bios Version 01.06.03 Rev.A it has this fix:

- Fixes an issue where the system updates firmware from the EFI partition of system drive instead of a USB drive connected to the system when Update System and Supported Device Firmware Using Local Media is selected from the BIOS setup (F10).
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-06-2019, 07:56 AM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Forget that last post .
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

@bachir2004 ,try this bios .
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              @bachir2004 ,try this bios .
              thanks for your help,no change.reflashed with the outimage from first post tried to flash from usb, bios went ok but for the me i got the message"failed due to internal error'.i think i will give up.Sorry smdflea how did you extract the bios from the firmware?i could not figure it out.
              Last edited by bachir2004; 05-07-2019, 06:43 PM.

Comment

I cut the ME and bios update from the Q70_010603.bin .Did you try running the bios update from windows,and did you flash your outimage bios with a programmer, and run fpt -greset

Comment

你的问题解决了没有?我有遇到我的intel me固件没有办法更新的问题。

Comment

Hello friend, I am from China. I need an OK zbook17 G5 bios programmer file, can you share it, I am very grateful. There are too few people using the zbook g5.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      I cut the ME and bios update from the Q70_010603.bin .Did you try running the bios update from windows,and did you flash your outimage bios with a programmer, and run fpt -greset
                      Hello, my English is not very good, relying on Google translation. I want your email and want to get your help my friend.

my E-mail jonto@qq.com OR jontaowang@gmial.com

Comment

Originally posted by jontao View Post
                        Hello friend, I am from China. I need an OK zbook17 G5 bios programmer file, can you share it, I am very grateful. There are too few people using the zbook g5.
                        No problem language You have old bad bios post here.

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                          Hello, foreign friends. After I replaced the BIOS chip, the boot double flashed 5 times, unable to boot, indicating that the motherboard is faulty, but there is no problem with my BIOS. My problem is: update the motherboard BIOS can be updated to the latest, but the ME firmware update to 50% failed to restart, there is no way to update the BIOS. My machine is an engineering machine, the CPU is ES, I don't know if it has anything to do with this, and there is no software to back up the BIOS. I don't have a programmer tool now, there is no way to physically back up the firmware.

Comment

I found a friend in China, used a programmer to back up his BIOS, and found a vendor to buy a chip writer. There was no way to start it normally when booting, but it was possible to start up with my own BIOS chip, which made me very Confused, I don't know where the reason lies.

Comment

http://test.linuxhom.cc:9981/files/z...525_182541.jpg

http://test.linuxhom.cc:9981/files/z...0615210503.jpg

ME 50% over。

Comment

Without programmer i think you cannot do.You need programmer or we need bios dump then anyone help you.

Comment

Or this say register then show anything

Comment

Good, thank you very much. This is my BIOS DUMP, I replaced the motherboard CAPS LOCK+NMLK flash double flash 5 times, showing the motherboard failure, my laptop can not start. But using my machine's original bios can be started, but the intel me firmware version is very low 12.0.0.1052, the latest official website is 12.0.35.1427. I suspect that my intel me firmware version is low because of the intel oed exclamation point (code 10 can't start the fault), so my sound card can't make a sound.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

This is another BIOS DUMP, the original version.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello, my friend, my friend. I backed up the BIOS with FPTW64, attachment. I hope you see me why I failed to update the ME firmware 50%, and my sound card intel oed exclamation mark could not be activated.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X