Lg 32ln570b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 32ln570b

Bought this 32" 32LN570B for $20. Had no backlights. I replaced 2 failed LEDs on one of the 3 strips.
    Most of the lenses over the LEDs had fallen off and I ended up taking off the others off to test the LEDs. They were very brittle. I had to glue them back on the strip.
    I have no idea what the display looked like before I bought it but this is what the backlights look like...It looks like some of the LEDs are glowing more brightly than others. The blotches are not as noticeable when watching a normal pic. Still worth 20 bucks...lol.
    The backlight was set to 100%, I set it down as low as I could, around 30%.
    Anyone ever see this before?

Attached Files

Re: Lg 32ln570b

A couple threads lately, see if I can find m.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ight=ring+leds

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t+spots+screen

Comment

You haven't aligned the lenses correctly.

Comment

Check those 2 threads, some good direction on proper positioning of lenses.

Comment

Didn't know the lenses needed alignment. Thanks I'll check the links for details.

Comment

Are these the thick style lenses? I use 5 second fix, glue them with the leds on to make sure they are perfectly centered, put diffuser back temporarily to check, and then uv cure if they are ok.

Comment

Cut squares of 4/4 cm matt plastic (from another TV) and stick directly on defocused lenses. Otherwise it is hard to focus.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
                    Are these the thick style lenses? I use 5 second fix, glue them with the leds on to make sure they are perfectly centered, put diffuser back temporarily to check, and then uv cure if they are ok.
                    Yes, thick cut lenses. Funny I just watched a video doing exactly what you suggest...lol. I read some threads discussing the difficulty of getting the lenses focused correctly.
                    Wouldn't you know this would be the time I didn't document everything with pics. Now I wish I knew the part numbers of the strips. I know there are 7 LEDs per strip. I'm finding sets of 3 on ebay for about $20 so I might just buy a set. I see various combinations marked A1, A2, B1, B2 strips. What's the difference between them and how critical is it to get the combo right? I sent the TVs service code number to LG asking for part numbers but I find most companies aren't very good at responding to their online forms.

Comment

You should replace the 3 existing LED strips with new strips. Problem solved.

Comment

I recently encountered a 50LN5310 that used these thicker lenses with 3V LEDs. Shopjimmy indicated two different panels and this one was a Heesung panel. Only one LED was shorted but a lot of lenses were about to fall off. In hindsight, I should have reglued them right away matching both lens and orientation but had to redo them a second time because of bright spots. Also, it is better to reflow the LED without removing the strip since it is difficult to remove without popping off every lens.

This may be your part if you want to replace all the strips. https://ebay.us/yUmDa8 or https://ebay.us/8dC46e
                        Last edited by neilc6; 05-22-2019, 07:19 AM.

Comment

I took the panel apart again. The glue is stuck real good, lol, not much point trying to align them so I'll replace the strips. I thought there were 3 strips with 7 leds. Actually there are two with six (type A) and one with seven (type B) leds.
                          neilc6, thanks for the links. Looks like the ones I have. Going to order a set, Problem solved.
                          Here are a couple of pics...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X