Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove Lenovo black Glue under the chipset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Lenovo black Glue under the chipset?

Hello

how i can remove the black glue under the chip before remove the
    chip-set.
    do any one know any glue removal or some solution .
    this Glue is very strong and is not going with hot air .

thanks

Re: Remove Lenovo black Glue under the chipset?

i use gasoline and flux and hot air station on low temp and removing by tooth pick it took about 5 minutes most import Element the gasoline becuse it help the flux and hot air go under the glue to Make it esy to remove

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for answare , i will try and give the resault .

Comment

Originally posted by nova100 View Post
        i use gasoline and flux and hot air station on low temp and removing by tooth pick it took about 5 minutes most import Element the gasoline becuse it help the flux and hot air go under the glue to Make it esy to remove
        It didnt worked for me. i applied heat from 120 to 200 with gasoline and amtech flux. the black glue from corneres did go away but it remains inside the four corners of pch. the case in hand is a lenovo E49 mb.

Any better idea??

Comment

dont think it can be removed, because it is over balls under ic. u cannot get it away with toothpick or other tool

Comment

It is really difficult (Unfortunately the glue is also towards the center) and the results are not always good. You should use a wire such as those used to separate mobile phone screens. Heat the chip and at the same time pull the wire.
            Furthermore, these cards usually do not remain stable and become concave down when trying to apply a new chip.

Comment

i just heat ic to 220-230c and pry the chip from board. it just pop and it is off. i dont have problem with it as long as u have good temp so all balls are melted.

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                i just heat ic to 220-230c and pry the chip from board. it just pop and it is off. i dont have problem with it as long as u have good temp so all balls are melted.

It is not impossible, but it takes a lot of work and is not convenient (I normally offer a six-month warranty on repairs ) economically. In the photo that I posted you can see that the blue protective paint has come off, a lot of black glue is left and must be removed.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                  It is really difficult (Unfortunately the glue is also towards the center) and the results are not always good. You should use a wire such as those used to separate mobile phone screens. Heat the chip and at the same time pull the wire.
                  Furthermore, these cards usually do not remain stable and become concave down when trying to apply a new chip.
                  Thanks for your replies friends. I tried my level best but gave up midway as i fear the chip might get damaged due to heat or the mb tracks may get damaged. Since there is display)shuts down in 1-2 mins) in this unit customer might not agree to take back a dead unit. So decided to return it.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                    Thanks for your replies friends. I tried my level best but gave up midway as i fear the chip might get damaged due to heat or the mb tracks may get damaged. Since there is display)shuts down in 1-2 mins) in this unit customer might not agree to take back a dead unit. So decided to return it.
                    that ic is allready dead. i tell every customer that needs chipwork that board can be killed through the process. it is always a risk repairing chip error

Comment

One way to do this job is with a milling machine, just mill the chip down completely untill only the balls remain.
                      Of course this is only viable on expensive mainboards since you will need to source a new chip...
                      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                        that ic is allready dead. i tell every customer that needs chipwork that board can be killed through the process. it is always a risk repairing chip error
                        Thats right- display for a minute is dead only. I too tell the customer about risks involved but in this case i decided to gave up as the efforts and difficulty involved in removing this glue is not commensurate with the amount i'll get from the customer. Customer not willing to spend anything beyond INR 3000($43 approx) . So why waste time??

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                          One way to do this job is with a milling machine, just mill the chip down completely untill only the balls remain.
                          Of course this is only viable on expensive mainboards since you will need to source a new chip...
                          Thats a good idea. How much that cost??

Comment

If you have free access to a milling machine it costs nothing.
                            If you don't, well then it costs allot of money...

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair...lling-it-down/
                            https://hackaday.com/2019/01/20/cnc-...airs-iphone-7/
                            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

You need to mill with a very large top, and you can't always cut the chip without damaging the motherboard.
                              with a cell phone moderboard is another situation.
                              I stopped doing these jobs which I consider unreliable and are usually not paid adequately.

Comment

So what everyone is trying to say is that
                                A There is no commercially or perhaps easily available chemical solution for dissolving or altering the glues property
                                B There is no known way to disable the glue by heating and excessive temperature will not guarantee good results due to board and component bending as well as contact ripping
                                C Pretty much from all this Lenovo just trashes their devices when they return for warranty instead of repairing them

This is extremely unlikely. There must be a proven correct method of dissolving or deactivating this glue with out the extreme risks of destroying the board and its components.

Comment

I'm sure there is a good way because some industrial repair houses do great work with such boards.
                                  But I have not seen the solution to what they use publicly documented anywhere.

Comment

It cant be just out of the box heating as just heat alone does not soften it up enough even when up to 230 degrees centigrade, there must be another chemical or maybe cooling / prolonged heating treatment before operation. With out a handy dandy preheat oven I cant test myself and I am no sure how well with the microchip components handle excessive freeze spray, might not hurt to try on a demo board sometime

Comment

Working...
                                    X