Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kenwood DNX6990HD service manual needed

Originally posted by mixmansc View Post
    More possible info here - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=935350

I found a Kenwood updater that is not their normal firmware update. It reloads everything on a few models including the 570HD.
    I need that uploader! can you repost the link? Mine lost a bunch of icons (image not found) and I think a reload would fill in all those pesky "image not found" placeholders. As for the voltage, I was running it off a UPS battery 12.2V and it was very laggy. Im wondering if the 13+ voltage is really needed as it sure works better off a fresh charge than a 11.8V reading. My test batteries are old so they work for about an hour before the thing starts to boot loop at 11.5V. I have a 690 on the way with a no power issue, hope its a reflow fixer or else Ill just harvest the onboard uSD card on the GPS board or even the whole thing. Mine works but the nav is wonky.

Comment

What has to be reflowed?
      I have a 570, that won't boot up anymore, but the fan is running and the red triangular LED is on.

Comment

I understand the GPS card can take a reflow and fix a red power with no display. 240C at 80s to reflow lead free solder.

Comment

Which component has to be reheated?

Comment

OK, I have reflowed the main CPU on the GPS daughterboard, and it came to life. Yeahh!!
            I have added some thermal pads between the DVD drive and the Aluminum heat sink, to transfer some heat. Hopefully will last longer.

Comment

Hello, I live in Brazil, I can't find a place to repair my DNN9710BT, that is similar to the DNN991HD.

Same Service Manual that I don't have!

I't don't start. Only show the red light, turn on a black screen, fan always on and anything I've tryed is working.

I't don't power the USB light of my USB Flash Drive , them, I think that it's impossible to reinstal the firmware.

Sorry to ask you, but I really need Help.

I've just have finished to pay for it.

Comment

Working...
              X