Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba 43L3753DB Screen Issue

Hi

Update: When a source is connected to HDMI2, the screen just has lines.

When I enter Service Menu (MENU 4725) the screen just has lines.

Pressing Menu, gives a the menu options, but when you select an item, you get lines.

The Mainboard from the 32" screen TV is not Full HD, so the ribbon connection is different as the panel is different (has in integrated T-Con), so trying that Mainboard is not an option.

43" panel has a separate T-Con.

The only option, without replacing the Main board, is to flash the firmware, assuming this can be achieved by just plugging in a pre-loaded Firmware file into the USB socket at switch on - is this a possibility?

I would also need the firmware, which I don't have at the moment.

Regards

Russell

Comment

I also have a MB from a JVC 4K TV, could this be an option as it has the same connector type.

Comment

Re: Toshiba 43L3753DB Screen Issues - FIXED!

OK, so I got in touch with Toshiba UK, who, after a few weeks, sent me an email link for the Firmware to download.

I installed the firmware, but the result was the same.

I started looking at the T-Con board, inspired by a You Tube video, where the guy had isolated one of the clock signals that synchronises the timing for the pixels on the LCD.

When I inspected the T-Con closely, there was some unusual damage to the PCB (see Old T-Con picture).

I looked on an auction site, and found a visually identical T-Con (going by the label), which the seller had quoted as being from a 32" TV, with part number 43 6817L - 3806DJEBN9AZ069, and the part number label on mine was 43 6871L - 3806BGKBDDV7747 (from a 43" TV).

I decided to take a chance for £0.99p delivered.

Long story short, it works perfectly!!!!

I would surmise that the part number that matters is actually 43 6871L , with the remaining letters and numbers being a serial number of the individual PCB. The part number that is silk printed in white, on both PCB's is 6870C-0532A and the design date is identical 2014/03/19.

Hope this helps someone.

How do I upload the Firmware to this website?

Thanks to all those who have helped me out.
        Attached Files

Comment

Lucky, i would have bet panel.. the old tcon is fixable i think, search for a stand alone little power mosfet, that is maybe faulty.. maybe q1 or q2..
          Last edited by Davi.p; 12-05-2020, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ17 View Post

Hi Russ,
            If you can give the set model number, mainboard and LCD panel number and add it to the EEPROM Dump Thread. You should be able to zip the file and add it to your message using "Go Advanced" then add the file using Manage Attachments.
            Good luck
            Last edited by dick_barton; 12-07-2020, 01:09 PM.
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
              Hi Russ,
              If you can give the set model number, mainboard and LCD panel number and add it to the EEPROM Dump Thread. You should be able to zip the file and add it to your message using "Go Advanced" then add the file using Manage Attachments.
              Good luck
              Dear Dick,

Mainboard is 17MB110P.

Model is Toshiba 43L3753DB

I don't know the LCD Panel number, and the TV is now reassembled and is on the wall, so it not accessible.

I will add the zip file of the Firmware to the EEPROM Dump thread.

Regards

Russell

Comment

Thanks. I'm sure it will be ueful for someone at a later date.

Comment

Dear Dick,

I have zipped the 4 files, but I am struggling to upload it. I opened the attachment manager, attached the zipped file, but the upload sits at 0%

Any ideas?

Russ

Comment

What is the size of the zip files?

Comment

143Mb

Comment

Unfortunately the maximum zip file size you can attach is 28MB.

Comment

Thanks for the file.
                          Here is the link to your firmware spilt into 4 parts which can be recombined using WinRaR

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=899

Comment

Good solution!

By the way, I've seen that kind of damage before. Somebody used too long of a screw/bolt securing the stand to the TV or the TV to the wall!

Originally posted by Russ17 View Post
                            OK, so I got in touch with Toshiba UK, who, after a few weeks, sent me an email link for the Firmware to download.

I installed the firmware, but the result was the same.

I started looking at the T-Con board, inspired by a You Tube video, where the guy had isolated one of the clock signals that synchronises the timing for the pixels on the LCD.

When I inspected the T-Con closely, there was some unusual damage to the PCB (see Old T-Con picture).

I looked on an auction site, and found a visually identical T-Con (going by the label), which the seller had quoted as being from a 32" TV, with part number 43 6817L - 3806DJEBN9AZ069, and the part number label on mine was 43 6871L - 3806BGKBDDV7747 (from a 43" TV).

I decided to take a chance for £0.99p delivered.

Long story short, it works perfectly!!!!

I would surmise that the part number that matters is actually 43 6871L , with the remaining letters and numbers being a serial number of the individual PCB. The part number that is silk printed in white, on both PCB's is 6870C-0532A and the design date is identical 2014/03/19.

Hope this helps someone.

Comment

Sorry, i've understood now, the fault was the screw hole on pcb right? So there was no metal shield?
                              Last edited by Davi.p; 12-08-2020, 05:24 AM.

Comment

I don't know about his case, but I've seen them go right through the shield. It's one of the first things I look for because it's so easy to spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X