Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PK590 mainboard ?

I have a LG 60PK590 here.

On power on, the screen lights for a couple of seconds then dims but is still glowing.
    All the voltages check out and when I jumper the two holes on the control board and power on the TV I get the test patterns.

This suggests the mainboard, its a EAX61141603(4)

Has anyone repaired one of these or similar ? any pointers ?
    I've probed a points and there are voltages all over, the XD engine IC gets warm.

I have found a replacement board if needed but I always like to have a go a repairing first.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: LG 60PK590 mainboard ?

Ran the test patterns bud ?
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      all the voltages check out and when i jumper the two holes on the control board and power on the tv i get the test patterns.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Shit, still recovering from last night out. Replace mb then

Maybe reflow cpu or reflash the firmware.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Haha, no worries mate. I was thinking reflow last night but thought I'd ask anyway.
            Yep, gave it a reflow and BINGO ! The TV is now working

Comment

That's weird, works fine with the back off. I put the back on and there is a strange double click of the relays and the TV does not come on.
              I take the back off and it powers on fine, back on and double clicking....

Comment

Well, as I finally got round to fixing this I thought I'd post what happened.
                I managed to catch one of the ribbon cables going to the screen.
                5 traces cut meaning there was a black line all the way across.
                Using single strands (0.15mm) from some mains cable, my iron set on 300c and my microscope I have managed to repair the traces.
                I sanded back the ribbon to it revealed the copper, applied some flux and tinned the traces. I placed a small aluminium heatsink behind so I had something to press up against.
                I tinned the copper wire and carefully soldered them on.
                A dab of transformer resin sealed the work.
                Attached Files

Comment

Glad you managed too fix the set thats a neat repair as the traces are so thin a lot of people say this type of ribbon repair cant be done but it just takes experience i guess and the right tools.

Comment

Outstanding work. I wish my hands were steady enough for this. Great save!

Comment

Originally posted by cliff_hootarski View Post
                      Outstanding work. I wish my hands were steady enough for this. Great save!
                      Thank you. It wasn't as hard as I imagined. Having a stereo microscope meant I could see what I was doing and as I was laying down with my hand on the floor it was nice and steady. I was concerned the flex might melt as I applied heat but it didn't.

I used a Bakon 950D and the small bent tip. Nothing special really.
                      Last edited by diif; 03-17-2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                        Well, as I finally got round to fixing this I thought I'd post what happened.
                        I managed to catch one of the ribbon cables going to the screen.
                        5 traces cut meaning there was a black line all the way across.
                        Using single strands (0.15mm) from some mains cable, my iron set on 300c and my microscope I have managed to repair the traces.
                        I sanded back the ribbon to it revealed the copper, applied some flux and tinned the traces. I placed a small aluminium heatsink behind so I had something to press up against.
                        I tinned the copper wire and carefully soldered them on.
                        A dab of transformer resin sealed the work.
                        Good job especially on a 1080p I did a 720p ribbon repair never again I tell you well done mate

Comment

Excellent repair.
                          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks guys for your kind words.
                            I'd do another one again. It wasn't that hard once I realised the flex wasn't going to melt.
                            I might have a go at the 50PA650T i've had hanging about with the split flex cable.

Comment

Do us a video want to see your method

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                                Do us a video want to see your method
                                If I can get a camera I will do bud.

Comment

@diif - I've got an LG 60PK590 (as quoted in your original post) that won't turn back on. Read a few posts on these forums about old LG plasma TV's suffering from this issue when they turn themselves off immediately after being turned on. The only way I can get the TV toi attempt to start up is if I leave it off overnight and then when I power it back on the mains you can hear the realy kick in but then immediately back off again and the TV is then totally unresponsive to the TV remote. I'm thinking it's either bad caps or power board failure - any ideas please or know of anyone in the Midlands that might be able to take a look at it? Thanks in advance

Comment

Same model telly. reflowed the cpu. all working again!

Comment

Just about to reflow this for the 4th time since my previous post. So this isn't a permanent fix!

Comment

The one I reflowed back in 2017 hasn't returned, are you using flux ?

Comment

Working...
                                        X