This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all, My name is Michael. I am an IT professional, but have no lot of experience in electronics so I would like to get some help from the forum's members.
    While looking for a solution for my issue I have found this forum very interesting to learn from ..
    Hope, I will find some help here

Comment

Hey alls...

New guy here. Name is Chris. I'm 27 and work as a hoist tech. for a local rig shop. I've been tinkering with everything since I was old enough to pickup a tool and just cant seem to quit. I build cars, computers, work on electronics, etc..etc..etc.. whatever to keep busy.

Hoping to learn a few things here and contribute where I can.

Comment

Hi . Adam from Vancouver, working in Toronto and NY and as sys admin and jr eng.

Comment

Hi, i am Thierry from Belgium and searching for some advice to repair my tv and interested to do it by myself

Comment

Hi all!

I'm a sysadmin with basic electrics/electronics knowledge but going to learn more!

Comment

Hello hello hello

Comment

Hello. I have been into stereo repair and vintage stuff since about 2008. I recently started looking at building my first amp. I am on audiokarma and a few other forums as well.

Hi everyone~

Comment

Hello and Regards to all. I am new in the forum.

Comment

Hello all! My name is Jeremy from Colorado. I play around with broken TV's as a hobby. Usually when I do research to try and solve the problem, this forum often comes up with great troubleshooting. After doing this a year, I figured I should join! Look forward to all the info people provide and hope I can reciprocate. Thanks

Comment

hello - I'm on this forum to try and figure out how to repair an older Vizio TV.

Comment

Hi there! I am just a new User from Germany and here to find out how to repair my Monitor. Maybe i found some Solutions for my damaged Acer Aspire 9920G

Comment

Welcome everyone. Just a occasional repairer. Not a pro by any means but can do certain minor repairs..

Comment

hello everyone. im new and just getting started here. looking forward to learning a few things

Comment

HI from Romania....I'm a diy enthusiast, and electronic is one of my pastime, so I think I'm at the right place.

Comment

Hello from down under (Australia) I have joined this forum as I have previously used information from this site and had great success, Great forum keep up the great work!!

Comment

My name is Cindy, I don't know if this is where I am suppose to post my intro but here it goes anyways...... I love working with computers, I also started with a Commodore 64 don't remember much about it but I do remember the floppy disk used to save things on. I am self taught and have come a long ways on computer knowledge. I am always learning more and more about them and the way technology is advancing you have to keep up with it or get lost and start all over.

Comment

Hello everyone.

I have very limited experience with electronics repair, but love to dabble. If I know the issue, I am mechanically inclined enough to do the repair. But, as a civil engineer, I have only had an intro class to electrical engineering. Rumor has it that is only so I can pass the electrical engineering part of the EIT exam. So, enter me tracking down this site and joining.

I really enjoy electronic problem solving, and want to hone my abilities. I'm here to do just that.

I have lucked out a few times and opened up a few tv's and immediately saw blown and/or leaking capacitors, and other visual problems that are evident. I hope to expand my abilities here into using a multimeter to solve more complex, not so obvious issues.

Comment

Long time reader, first time poster...If you get the humor in that, you're probably a radio geek like me.

Hi, I'm Dave.

I'm a bit of a mad-scientist/Mr. Wizard type of guy. I've been working on electronics on and off ever since the age of 5. It was at that time that I pulled the back of the family Zenith Color Roundie and pulled all the tubes out of their sockets! I like to dumpster dive and just can't bear to throw away any electronics that show a promise of being saved. I'm old school, electronics wise. I'm more comfortable working on vacuum tube gear rather than solid state but don't have any trouble working on the newer stuff. I just don't like how they throw it all together. Smaller is not necessarily better!

I've acquired a decent lot of flat panel TV's and am searching for repair information and insight as to whether these are worth salvaging or not. I don't have anything in them so nothing ventured, nothing gained. Just deciding if I want to waste the time on them or send them to recycling.

Comment

Hello, I am a new member. I live in Vero Beach, FL and mostly repair pinball machines, jukeboxes, slot machines, and pretty much anything in amusement. I also am fairly successful with flat screen tv's, although not quite as experienced in repair of them. I hope to gain knowledge through the forums here, and can share some of mine in my areas of expertise. Very nice to be here.

Comment

Hi,
                                          I just joined today. I came across this site when attempting to acquire tech info about a Sharp TV. Don't usually join forums or social sites, but this one appears to be doing what it is intended for.

Comment

Working...
                                          X