1995/96 Delco OEM radio not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1995/96 Delco OEM radio not working.

I have a Delco Model 16194272 radio that came out of my wife's Grand Prix some years ago. I saved it all these years and I'm now trying to use it. It worked perfectly fine a dozen years ago when I took it out of her Pontiac.

I have the wiring harness and diagram, so I hooked it up to a battery and the display turned on. I wired one of the speaker wire pairs to a single speaker to see if the radio works. This unit is not TheftLoc'd. The display read 1:00 right away, but I couldn't get the unit to function much further at all.

The clock ticks away the time, but the power button doesn't turn the radio on.

I put a tape in the deck and it seemed to turn on and start reeling the cassette. It put out zero audio however. The volume knob doesn't do anything, none of the buttons or controls do anything either, and no sound at all is produced. No static, low hissing, nothing. Can't even eject the tape either, but disconnecting/reconnecting the power reset the unit to a position of powered but off.

I found that the TUNE knob seems to be able to turn on the radio. When I turn the TUNE knob to the left, the display changes from the clock to 102.5 FM radio. There still isn't any sound produced, and turning that TUNE knob back to the right can then "turn off" the radio as the display will change back to the clock when you do that. With a tape inserted, the TUNE knob fires up the tape deck and you can hear the cassette being reeled. You can't fast-forward, rewind, nothing though.

The only thing you can get this thing to do is power on and off... sort of I guess if you want to call it that... but this is only accomplished by turning the TUNE knob back and forth.

So, what do you think? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Barn; 04-22-2019, 12:48 PM.

Re: 1995/96 Delco OEM radio not working.

maybe some corrosion or dried out capacitors .

Comment

Working...
    X