D-Link DGS-1016D won't turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D-Link DGS-1016D won't turn on

I bought six of these off Ebay a while back, sold as faulty - all 6 working fine after a cap change on the psu card and a new cooling fan :-)

Comment

I've DGS 1016D switch my psu burned nad-116 with YCL PCB452-D, burned component IC1, IC2 R5, R16 I can't identify R5 value please help me

Comment

I happened to have mine apart to replace the fans.
        R4-R14 are all the same. 472
        Sorry that's on the main board. I'll bet you want R4 on the power supply.
        I can't find mine. I replaced it a while back with an external power supply. The internal one died and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.
        I'll post back if I can find it.
        Last edited by joelsplace; 11-27-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Found it.
          R5 is 102
          My model is YCL PCB452-A
          Last edited by joelsplace; 11-27-2013, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Hoi Severach,
            thank you so much for your posting, it saved my so much time searching at the defective component in the powersupply.
            It was just as you told, "C12" ho was gone bad, replaced it and all functions ok again.

Many greetings from out of Belgium,

Johnny.

Comment

After a power failure, my DGS-1024D wasn't turning on anymore. I too had this buzzing noise from the PSU. Replaced capacitor C12 and it did it!!

Don't know how you guys figured out it was this cap since it was impossible to tell by looking at it!! Once removed, the tester confirmed there was no more capacitance, only resistance. I replaced it with one that is more chubby (105C) so I hope it will be less prompt to failure.

Thanks again to those who found and posted that info, it saved my switch!
              Laurence

Comment

Another one... DGS-1024D, HW rev B4. Replaced C12 on the PS and fixed!!!

Thank you severach !!

Also, another funny aspect. Months ago I bought some wee little fans off eBay just because they were so cheap. Yep... In my junk box just waiting. Exact fit into the Switch to replace the noisy fan. Just had to splice the two wires.

Fans were described as "4010S Cooler Cooling Fan Brushless DC 4*4 cm 18DB 12V VGA CPU Northbridge Fan" on eBay. About $2 each with free shipping. YMMV.

Comment

there are loads of 40mm fans on ebay, but most need oiling.
                  not that it matters for that price - i got a set of 3 for about $4
                  crystal-clear too.

Comment

Thank you all; you guys are amazing. My DGS -1024D wasn't powering on, after reading this thread, I swapped out capacitor c12 with a new 47u 50v cap, and bam, it works perfectly. I am so glad that I found this site.

Comment

D-Link DGS-1016D is not working while in ups back up
                      The power indicator is lightning up but all switches go off
                      Is there any trouble shoot for the problem

Comment

Originally posted by severach View Post
                        Later models of DGS-1016D and DGS-1024D have a lifetime warranty.

One cap takes these switches down. Power supply C12 is the tiny cap next to the big input cap. You can't see it with the cap in but when you get it out you'll see heat damage which is why it goes bad. You can replace any other cap you like but that's the only cap I've ever seen go bad.
                        Thanks for this! Picked up this switch at Goodwill. Power light flickering and no initialization. The 12V power supply put out 5V, 8V unloaded.

Went right to C12, tested at 140 ohms ESR when pulled, replaced and switch is alive again.

Comment

+1 for bad C12.
                          At startup 12v voltage was about 5v.
                          Replaced C12 47mf and voltagew is normal 12v and switch working ok.

Comment

Reviving this old thing here for a second.
                            In case anyone here happens to know which type C22 of the power board is (the beige/brown one next to the yellow transfo), I'd be very happy. This was partially blown, so I can't read anything of it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by zeontje View Post
                              In case anyone here happens to know which type C22 of the power board is (the beige/brown one next to the yellow transfo)
                              I guess you meant C12, look at post #5 on the previous page by severach:
                              Originally posted by severach View Post
                              C12: Ltec TK 47uf 50v
                              P.S: You can replace this with any high quality 105C (or higher) rated capacitor of 47uF 50v.
                              "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

no, i think c22 is a ceramic - maybe a snubber for the fet

Comment

Working...
                                X