Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UA46C8000 Vertical lines

Hi there.

I have a samsung UA46C8000 that has a screen full of coloured vertcal lines and nothing else.

I pulled it apart for a cursory look and to unplug all connectors and reconnect them etc. No bad caps or burnt parts on boards

I did however find a black line along one of the cables going to the TCon board from the panel?

It looked like it was burnt out and also has left a black line on the connector.

Im not sure what this is or if it is the issue? but suspect it may be.

If it is, the cable comes from the panel so I suspect it is not fixable? Hoping it is just the cable and not the TCon board, but not sure how to find out.

After checking all cables I put the tv back together and turned it on hoping for a miracle, but now instead of masses of coloured lines, there is just nothing. The backlight comes on but I cant get a picture or a menu or anything.

Not sure where to go now.

I have attached photos to make it easier for your comments.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UA46C8000 Vertical lines

It looks as though excess current has burnt the ribbon cable either as a result of a fault on the panel strip connector or the Tcon itself.

I think the prognosis is not very good but I hope I'm wrong.

Is it possible to disconnect the cable between the Tcon and panel strip?
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
      Is it possible to disconnect the cable between the Tcon and panel strip?
      I was just thinking about that. If I can disconnect it from the panel end I would just have to get another cable.

Where I would get one from is another issue. Are they model dependent or are they just a cable?

Comment

That would only be a partial solution. Even if you can the next thing to find out is why the ribbon cable burned and try and identify where the fault lies. If it's the Tcon then that is replaceable. If it's the panel strip then that's a bigger problem.

Comment

I would bet money someone cleaned the screen and liquid ran down and damaged the board that connects the lcd itself, Remove the front bezel and inspect that board, but it is likley not repairable

Comment

I would agree with RJ. Remove the bezel and inspect the panel strip. Handle the panel strip with care since it is bonded to the panel and can be damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              I would bet money someone cleaned the screen and liquid ran down and damaged the board that connects the lcd itself, Remove the front bezel and inspect that board, but it is likley not repairable
              would liquid damage be obvious?

Is there any particular part to check?

Comment

Generally it is noticeable. Check along the full length of the panel strip.

Comment

HI, i have fixed a ue40s800 that is much very similar to yours, there was a shorted mlcc capacitor on the bottom side of the tcon, in the power section, my flat cable luckily was perfect but the p.supply track to the tcon on the mainboard, on the bottom side, was burned but almost easy to fix. The capacitor was near perfect cosmetically.
                  Last edited by Davi.p; 05-30-2020, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Davi.P

You say yours was similar to mine?

the connector from the tcon board to the panel, can you unconnect it from the panel to replace it?

Comment

Sorry, i forgot to download the first two photos, in fact the damage is on the panel, you have to find it and after replace the broken track with wire..

Comment

Working...
                      X