Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BenQ FP71G+ inverter problem (possibly).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BenQ FP71G+ inverter problem (possibly).

My BenQ FP71G seems to work perfectly, that is,when not connected to PC, green light up and after a few moments turns to amber EXCEPT that the panel remains totally black. I can sometimes detect a very faint white ghost when the light goes from green to amber. When I connect the monitor to the PC, same behaviour; my PC log (I am using Linux) tells me that the PC recognizes the monitor and no video errors afterwards.

I opened the back panel and I realized that I have the 48.L8302.A30 board. I disconnected the connectors, four of them, to the backlights and when I power on the monitor, my voltmeter gives me 0 V DC or AC on these connectors. So it seems that it is an inverter problem. Now, I inspected carefully the board, there is no sign of damaged components.

What would I have check to point me to the real source of this problem.

Thanks for your attention.

Helios

Re: BenQ FP71G+ inverter problem (possibly).

Transistors in RED check for shorts

Transformers in BLUE resolder all legs on all 4

Pico fuse in GREEN check and replace

Then retry your board

But you should upload picture of your board back and front so others can see it as there maybe something else wrong that can be spotted
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
      My BenQ FP71G seems to work perfectly, that is,when not connected to PC, green light up and after a few moments turns to amber EXCEPT that the panel remains totally black. I can sometimes detect a very faint white ghost when the light goes from green to amber. When I connect the monitor to the PC, same behaviour; my PC log (I am using Linux) tells me that the PC recognizes the monitor and no video errors afterwards.

I opened the back panel and I realized that I have the 48.L8302.A30 board. I disconnected the connectors, four of them, to the backlights and when I power on the monitor, my voltmeter gives me 0 V DC or AC on these connectors. So it seems that it is an inverter problem. Now, I inspected carefully the board, there is no sign of damaged components.

What would I have check to point me to the real source of this problem.

Thanks for your attention.

Helios
      The "very faint white ghost" may indicate the inverter is starting up, then shutting down due to an error condition - possibly a broken wire to a CCFL. Or there could be other causes.

Also, it is not recommended you try to measure the voltage out of the inverter. It can run well over 1000 volts at about 40 Khz. While the current is low enough it probably won't kill you, the DMM may not be so lucky.

We don't have a library of pictures of all (or any) revisions of power supply boards. Standard practice is to ask the person to supply the pictures. We prefer one of the top - taken from directly above the board - and another of the bottom. Try to get the resolution as close to the maximum of 2000 x 2000 as practical. Attach them using 'Manage Attachments', below the text entry area. Also note the links in my signature for other hints on taking the pictures.

PlainBill
      Last edited by PlainBill; 06-22-2011, 07:27 PM. Reason: Correct spelling
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
        We don't have a library of pictures of all (or any) revisions of power supply boards. Standard practice is to ask the person to supply the pictures...
        PlainBill
        Sorry, I am new on the site, forgive me. I uploaded the two pics of the board.

This morning I checked again in a black room, and now for a very brief moment I see the BenQ logo when powering up the monitor. If I power down the monitor with the switch (LED green/amber), and at once power on, I cannot discern the logo. But if I wait some time (20 seconds and more), I see the logo again.

To check for the transistors, do I have to desolder them from the board ? Some with the pico fuse ( I guess that it is the PF801 on my board.)

Helios
        Attached Files

Comment

Ok do you have a multimeter and know how to use it .

These parts do not have to be removed to test

Depending on multimeter you have will determine which tests will be advised

Comment

Originally posted by sabre504 View Post
            Ok do you have a multimeter and know how to use it
            I have one and know how to use it. I saw a thread how to test transistors in circuit for shorts and the pico fuse , and another for checking transformers. Will be doing that and come back later.

Thanks

Helios

Comment

sabre504 is absolutly correct, but i would just like to add if the fuse at pf801 is blown thats usually because one or both the fet's are shorted located at q805 & q812 they must be replaced as a pair even if one is ok as with the 2sc5707 transistors you must replace all four, you can get the full kit including the fuse for about $6 USD (plus postage) on ebay, I live in Australia but have my parts sent from the U.S (cheaper) I can post a link to the kit on ebay if you want. Also this problem can sometimes be caused by secondary caps but only in about 10% of cases (they can also be purchased as a kit)

Comment

The pf801 is indeed blown. I can't detect shorts for the Q805 and Q812. But both the Q808 and Q809 are shorted (between BE and CE); Q815 and Q816 seem to test good, that is no shorts.

So sabre504 I think I would need your ebay link, if you don't mind.

Helios

Comment

Well depending on what part of the world you are in depends on where you get a kit from .

But if you search on ebay put in 2sc5707 and it will bring up kits if you are in the UK i would recomend using semtech 1 a supplier i use a lot and trust there are probably loads more but that one i know well
                  Item number: 290306640904

Comment

Sorry, I should have said that I am in Canada (Quebec).

Helios

Comment

Item num 320717660332 is the closest i can find to you .

But Retiredcaps or one of the other members may know somewhere better or another supplier

Comment

Just received the kit from coreweave; 7$ CND with free shipping. Replaced the transistors and the fuse, and all is just fine now!

Thanks a lot guys!

Helios

Comment

Hello everyone!
                          I'm new guy here.

I have a problem with this kind of model (Benq FP71G+)

My problem it was: the green led (button ON/OFF) it was ON but the image nothing.
                          Ok, I open it and I saw 4 swollen capacitors and 2 transistors C5707 are shorted.

I changed:

4 Transistors C5707
                          2 Capacitors 0.22nF/120V
                          all electrolytic capacitors from the board
                          and the fuse 3A

My problem is:

when i plug the cable supply, my display remain white, after that when I push the power button i see the logo benq and check the signal....

what i must check for the first stage (with the white display)

I hope to give me some advice.

Thanks!

Comment

This is my photos
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 3DiM View Post
                              I changed:

4 Transistors C5707
                              2 Capacitors 0.22nF/120V
                              all electrolytic capacitors from the board
                              and the fuse 3A
                              Resolder all your inverter transformer pins.

My problem is:

when i plug the cable supply, my display remain white, after that when I push the power button i see the logo benq and check the signal....
                              Clean and reseat all your internal cables.
                              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

There are 2 other transistors which physically look the same as the 5707's, they are probably FUs ??,the one associated with the failed 5707's you replaced, has probably gone short cct as well.

Comment

Basically your inverter does not turn off anymore hence the white screen when you plug it in. I know someone with the exact same problem. You'll have to trace the power on signal going to the inverter. Do you have the service manual?
                                  Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                                  Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                                  A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                                    Basically your inverter does not turn off anymore hence the white screen when you plug it in. I know someone with the exact same problem. You'll have to trace the power on signal going to the inverter. Do you have the service manual?
                                    He has implied that after the white screen,pressing on button brings normal operation... so will probably be the mostfet indicated, it is a common fault occuring quite regularly when eiher pair of 5705s has to be changed.

Comment

There are two MOSFET's that supply the variable DC (depends on the brightness) to the Royer Oscillator output circuits, I can see one of them as Q812, another one I can not see (it is on the top center of the board), they are driven by the PWM IC. check those two MOSFET's to see if they are shorted which will cause the Output drive circuits to be on all the time.
                                      Never stop learning
                                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Are you sure the ribbon cable is well connected? I mean, are you sure that's the way and it's not connected the other way about it?

Comment

Working...
                                        X