Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with connecting a LCD panel (4 connectors on the side)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with connecting a LCD panel (4 connectors on the side)

I have two old monitors, an old Benq X2200W (panel broke), and an old Samsung 226BW. (Yes, the caps on the Samsung have already been replaced). These have standard 22" TFT LCD panels.

Today I swapped the panel of the 226BW and put it in the BenQ and connected to the PCB...and the monitor works flawlessly. So this is not a request for help but a question out of curiosity

On the side of the panels are 4 connectors (images attached, not mine, but they show the connectors). With the Samsung, I actually marked the order of the connectors it was something like Blue, Red, Red, Blue from top to down.

I disconnected, and then forgot the order of these connectors on the Benq. But now looking at images on the web, and also from my experience, it doesn't even matter how they are connected? For example, I found these two pics of the Sammy, and you see in one pictures it has Red, Blue, Red, Blue (top -> down), and in the other Blue, Red, Blue, Red.

What ARE these connectors for and does it indeed not matter how I connect them?

(Since they are absolutely physically interchangeable, I assume the order of these connectors really doesn't matter?)

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by flexy123; 08-30-2017, 09:07 PM.

Re: Need help with connecting a LCD panel (4 connectors on the side)

They go to the ccfl backlights, It does'nt matter which way they go

Comment

Working...
    X