No announcement yet.

Samsung UE55KU6470U no display, display switching on and off when powered on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE55KU6470U no display, display switching on and off when powered on

You got the same effect as removing defective side tabs from one side of the panel, it's better to insulate the voltage going to the bad side to avoid more sparks and damaging whatever supplies that voltage. That can be done with tape cut-off, search the forum about it, but I don't know which pins would need to be taped, needs to be trial and error or with a service manual pinout.

Comment

Re: Samsung UE55KU6470U no display, display switching on and off when powered on

as a last ditch effort, you can cut off the defective tab too.

Comment

Thanks both. I’ll keep those suggestions in mind for any future issues.

Comment

hello please how did you take away the back cover of the tv thank you

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
            hello please how did you take away the back cover of the tv thank you
            place it face down

where the speaker grills are there are small holes at the ends.

insert a rounded (8-10mm) wedge and press until the rear cover moves.

drag the wedge to the side (away from the speaker grills) and start popping off the rear cover clips.

the corners + middle top have adhesive pads.

I used a long knife here to cut the adhesive pad before continuing with the wedge.

watch this
            https://youtu.be/NtQsxtvXt2M

Comment

thank you for the answer that tool on the video is from US and i need to open it as soon as possible what did you use if you have a photo or if you can advice me thankyou

Comment

thank you for the answer that tool on the video is from US and i need to open it as soon as possible what did you use if you have a photo or if you can advice me thankyou
                The handle of a small cylindrical plastic spudger normally used for opening phones.

Comment

thank you one more last questio do i have just to push in? i dónt want to broke
                  the attachement insidehope is the last question and thank you again
                  the holes near the speakers are not it is more like a half circle

Comment

thank you one more last questio do i have just to push in? i dónt want to broke
                    the attachement insidehope is the last question and thank you again
                    the holes near the speakers are not it is more like a half circle
                    yea they are half circles, try to use something thinner at one end and thicker at the other.

sadly, to start, you have to just push it in (carefully as you can). Once inside, you can lever upwards to start detaching the back cover. It will be loud as it comes off, sounds like you're breaking it. Only advice is to be careful :/ and when you get to the corners where the adhesive is, open the gap wide enough to shine a light inside so you can see the adhesive and cut with a knife.

Comment

thank you i got the downside butthe corner and the sidea are quite difficult but iwill follow you advice step by step

Comment

thank you i got the downside butthe corner and the sidea are quite difficult but iwill follow you advice step by step
                        Yea it’ll be difficult. You might have to go over the same side a few times until the whole back starts to free off.
                        Last edited by Themi; 09-15-2020, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Thank you it is done it was a bit delicate thanks for the help

Comment

Thank you it is done it was a bit delicate thanks for the help
                            no worries good luck

Comment

Working...
                            X