Problems with Samsung 740N monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems with Samsung 740N monitors

Did a resolder and all works perfectly now.
    Thanks

Comment

Hello everyone, My 740N gets the power but doesn't stay ON for long. I turns ON for a fraction of a second and then OFF and that keeps happening. The power LED(on the button) keeps blinking while the display is OFF.
      The display does function correctly as when it does turn ON for that fraction I can see everything working fine.

Before this happened, from past few weeks/month ago it used to take 5-8mins for the display to turn ON. I should have tried to fix it that time.

When under warranty few years back I think I had a similar problem not sure but that time the Samsung guys had replaced 2 CapXon capacitor(2x1000uF 10v)So I am guessing the rest are the terrible CapXon and might be the problem?

What is the first step to know what I need to replace? I haven't opened mine yet and checked for bulged capacitors, but I have already bought all the required capacitors from local shops. (from the reference/manual/ebay listings available online)

My soldering experience is minimal and I have never done any capacitor-PCB soldering that was this critical, hope it goes fine.

Thank you for the help.

Comment

Open, take pictures, share with the whole class.

If you can use a soldering iron without stabbing yourself in the eye or setting fire to yourself, you should be fine to do the caps. Take your time.

Comment

i think that the caps are bad, open it up and see for any bulged one

Comment

Originally posted by jondoe View Post
            Open, take pictures, share with the whole class.

If you can use a soldering iron without stabbing yourself in the eye or setting fire to yourself, you should be fine to do the caps. Take your time.
            Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Attached are some images.

Originally posted by Venomus28 View Post
            i think that the caps are bad, open it up and see for any bulged one
            Was my first guess, but not sure.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yep, those purple ones don't pass the flat top visual inspection, get those changed with some good ones. Change the blue ones while you're at it.

Comment

Change only the bulged ones, fire it up and see how it goes
                My guess is a working monitor

Comment

Working...
                X