Samsung SyncMaster 226BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW

I think that once I change all the capacitors change and large one just for sure.
    Attached Files

Comment

Have you taken the BIG cap off the board it may say what value it is on the other side.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Post 196 on overclockers forum
        http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...8069187&page=7

looks to have the same board as you and he has a 100UF
        Useful table showing panasonic FM/FC cap reference numbers.
        Last edited by selldoor; 11-06-2014, 09:44 AM.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
          Post 196 on overclockers forum
          http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...8069187&page=7

looks to have the same board as you and he has a 100UF
          Useful table showing panasonic FM/FC cap reference numbers.
          Thank you! This is the same board. Problem solved

Comment

Hi all! First post in the forum and first attempt at re-capping.

Same issue with the monitor's caps..... board revision 0.1, 820uF + 330uF bulged.

I've tried to find the best caps for the job (matching size, higher ripple, lower impedance, longest load life) from the best manufacturers given current stock available.

This is my cart at mouser's:
            EEU-FR1J470
            UCP2W151MHD
            EKZM350ETD331MJC5S
            EKZN250ELL821MJ20S
            EKZN250ELL681MJ16S

I only raised the volts for the 47uF and 330uF as so to match physical size and current stock.

Any pointers for the new guy before I go ahead and buy these?

TNX.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjerols View Post
              Update:

1.5 years later and the $5 fix is holding up strong. I work from home and monitor gets used at least ten hours a day (less on weekends).

Saved at least $100 and kept this monitor out of landfill

BIG THANKS to BadCaps Community and this thread!
              3.5 years later and STILL going strong!!!

meanwhile a newer TV/Monitor I use as a dual monitor, a Samsung T27B350, has stopped powering on

Comment

I bought this monitor 6 Feb 2008.
                Warranty repair on 9 Nov 2010 (led just blinking). They replaced the caps.
                Dunno what caps they used for replace, but still working fine.
                Last edited by Bogey; 03-05-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                  Appreciate the tech help provided in these forums, I though my 226BW was probably going to become land fill, has not missed a beat since recapping it.
                  FWIW - This is my order list from element14, for anybody in AU interested..
                  Order Code Description Manufacturer Manufacturer Part Number Unit Price
                  1848387 Product Range:FM Series; Capacitance:330uF; Capacitance Tolerance:± 20%; Voltage Rating:25V; Diameter:10mm; Capacitor Terminals:Radial Leaded; Packaging:Each; ESR:-; Height:12.5mm; Lead Spacing:5mm; Lif PANASONIC ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS EEUFM1E331 AUD 0.9533
                  1848463 Product Range:AEC-Q200 FC Series; Capacitance:47uF; Capacitance Tolerance:± 20%; Voltage Rating:50V; Diameter:6.3mm; Capacitor Terminals:Radial Leaded; Packaging:Each; ESR:-; Height:11.2mm; Lead Spacing PANASONIC ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS EEUFC1H470 AUD 0.6367
                  1848456 Product Range:AEC-Q200 FC Series; Capacitance:2.2uF; Capacitance Tolerance:± 20%; Voltage Rating:50V; Diameter:5mm; Capacitor Terminals:Radial Leaded; Packaging:Each; ESR:-; Height:11mm; Lead Spacing:2m PANASONIC ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS EEUFC1H2R2 AUD 0.6167
                  1848399 CAP, ALU ELEC, 22UF, 50V, RAD; Product Range:FM Series; Capacitance:22uF; Capacitance Tolerance:± 20%; Voltage Rating:50V; Diameter:5mm; Capacitor Terminals:Radial Leaded; Packaging:Each; ESR:-; Height:11mm; Lead Spacing PANASONIC ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS EEUFM1H220 AUD 0.6
                  1800653 CAP, ALU ELEC, 820UF, 25V, RAD; Product Range:FR Series; Capacitance:820uF; Capacitance Tolerance:± 20%; Voltage Rating:25V; Diameter:10mm; Capacitor Terminals:Radial Leaded; Packaging:Each; ESR:-; Height:20mm; Lead Spac PANASONIC ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS EEUFR1E821 AUD 0.308

Comment

I would just like to thank everyone in this thread who gave instruction on how to complete this process. I've been dealing with a flickering monitor for several months now, but after following the instructions my S-Panel 226BW monitor is back to functioning 100%. I couldn't be happier. Thank you so much!!

I replaced six of the seven capacitors. I purchased a new soldering iron and it just wasn't melting the solder quick enough. I struggled a lot but was finally able to get everything done. I didn't want to try and touch the larger solder joints on the C105 and since it has a low failure rate, I just skipped it for now. If it becomes a problem later, I'll have the part on hand. With a working iron and some light soldering experience I imagine this job could be completed easily in 30 minutes to 1 hour. Though, a second set of hands goes a long way to speeding up the process .

I used this guide to take apart my monitor and this image to identify which capacitors are which. I used this process to find my capacitors and highly recommend it to anybody shopping for capacitors. For reference, here is a list of the exact parts I used, including a link to each on the Digi-Key website. The prices were cheap, the shipping was fast, and the packaging was fantastic.

Capacitor ID - Capacitance Voltage Rating (Sizes: Dimension x Height) [Part #: Digi-Key / Manufacturer] Price

C105 - 150UF 450V (22.00mm D x 45.00mm H) [DigiKey: P11673-ND / Manufacturer: EET-ED2W151BA] $3.88
                    C107 - 047UF 050v (06.30mm D x 11.20mm H) [DigiKey: P10321-ND / Manufacturer: EEU-FC1H470] $0.34
                    C110 - 820UF 025V (12.50mm D x 20.00mm H) [DigiKey: P11222-ND / Manufacturer: EEU-FC1E821S] $0.90
                    C111 - 820UF 025V (12.50mm D x 20.00mm H) [DigiKey: P11222-ND / Manufacturer: EEU-FC1E821S] $0.90
                    C112 - 330UF 025V (10.00mm D x 14.00mm H) [DigiKey: P12386-ND / Manufacturer: EEU-FM1E331] $0.51
                    C301 - 680UF 025V (10.00mm D x 22.00mm H) [DigiKey: P12390-ND / Manufacturer: EEU-FM1E681] $0.67
                    C302 - 680UF 025V (10.00mm D x 22.00mm H) [DigiKey: P12390-ND / Manufacturer: EEU-FM1E681] $0.67

Parts Cost: $7.87 / Shipping Cost: $3.54 (USPS First Class Mail to TX, USA)
                    Grand Total: $11.41

If anyone has any questions in the future, please feel free to contact me via PM. I'm more than happy to offer assistance in anyway that I can. Again, thank you so much for making this possible you wonderful and generous people!

Comment

Originally posted by Mulsiphix View Post
                      C105 - 150UF 450V (22.00mm D x 45.00mm H) [DigiKey: P11673-ND / Manufacturer: EET-ED2W151BA] $3.88
                      One thing I forgot to mention is that when I purchased the C105 I could not find a suitable capacitor that had long enough legs/leads. The original CapXCon leads for the C105 are 42mm. It is still possible to use though. Please refer to posts #72 through #74 of this thread for instructions.

Comment

I don't know who have the brave to read all post of a 400 post thread! People must use the forum better than this, it's plain anarchy, no rules..

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                          I don't know who have the brave to read all post of a 400 post thread! People must use the forum better than this, it's plain anarchy, no rules..
                          Would it be better for me to create a new Samsung 226 BW thread? I wouldn't mind at all. I read through the first 20 or so pages of this thread before skipping to the end to read the last few pages, just to see if there were any recent capacitor lists. I just didn't want to risk polluting the forum with identical content.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                            So, what do you suggest ? That someone (skilled enough) will do a single tutorial that has all the information of these 400 posts to dont be in "anarchy" ? Please, be my guest.

And I have read not only these 400 posts, but another 300's from the thread 225BW and so much others, but I'm not an engineer and I'm not skilled enough to understand all this entirely and even less to provide guidance to other people who read the tutorial.

Comment

My criticism was that many people on this board come into a thread and post wih different problems than OP and sometimes even different model! I was not referring to you Mulsiphix, i've not read you. In Italian forum it's proibited to put in queue 'cause it's moderated.

Comment

Originally posted by mastertheknife View Post
                                Hi, thanks for your reply.

1, 2 and 3) I will try to explain it better. After replacing the capacitors and powering up the monitor, the monitor was working fine for few seconds, including the backlight, it was working and i could see my desktop.
                                After a few seconds, the backlight began to flicker real bad, so i turned off the monitor. After turning off the monitor (using the power button) i saw a white screen (the backlight was still working here but flickering) for about half a second or a second and then the monitor was off.
                                I opened the monitor to inspect if any capacitors has failed early but no luck, they all look good.
                                After powering the monitor again, i couldn't get the backlight to work. I can see a picture but no backlight, i can confirm the picture by using a flash light. I hope the ccfls aren't fried.
                                After turning off the monitor, the white screen for about half a second still happens (although with the backlight off, i noticed it using a flash light).

This is an S panel 226BW so i am really interested in fixing it, i probably messed up something up badly during my soldering.
                                When soldering the 47uf capacitor i accidently put too much solder, i think i might have caused a short, so i later i tried to remove the excess solder with wick, scratching the PCB a little on the way because it was almost impossible to get off for some reason.

4) This seems to be the Rev 1 of the power supply board.

5) I noticed two fuses on the board (marked F301 and F101), both are open.

6) Sorry i'm not good with electronics. Where do i need to check?

7) They all seem OK.

I took pictures of the board, including the capacitors i used and the board prior to replacement capacitors.

Please help.... anyone Know IC101 code? i have burn one... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by b@w View Post
                                  please help.... Anyone know ic101 code? I have burn one... Thanks
                                  fsdm0565r

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                    fsdm0565r

Thanks u very much Lotas

Comment

Working...
                                    X