Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STRANGE failure mode-Every other horizontal line is good, the others are intermittent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STRANGE failure mode-Every other horizontal line is good, the others are intermittent

Hi all,
    My Samsung 64" 3D plasma (PN64D8000FF) just started doing this one day. Everything else works fine and we're able to still use it for now. A couple weeks later I lost one horizontal line completely. It's been in this current state for a couple years now and has NOT gotten any worse.

One day it was fine and the next is this strange issue of every other alternating line functions great.

The other 50% of the lines will either:
    • work fine depending on color, some darker colors will perform better than lighter
    • sparkle effect
    • appear noisy ( snowy)
    • ghost images and latency

I recently decided to open it up and here's what I've done so far:
    -replaced T-Con board
    -cleaned and re-seated ribbons from panel to Y-buffer
    -tweaked all of the voltages Vs, Ve, Vsc etc to match the original specs on the sticker (this made some noticeable improvements)

I don't have a full set of test equipment at home other than my Fluke multi-meter, and an O-scope. (no ESR meter on-hand )

Any ideas on what's going on with this? I can speak "electronics" if that can help someone help me, lol
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rysbrnr; 09-29-2020, 11:15 AM. Reason: resized image

Re: STRANGE failure mode-Every other horizontal line is good, the others are intermit

Will the set allow you to run a the test pattern. If there is a logic board/ or sometimes on the mainboard there is a set of Auto-Gen pads that you short.
    Pictures of your boards would be useful to identify how they all fit together.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Re: STRANGE failure mode-Every other horizontal line is good, the others are intermit

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
      Will the set allow you to run a the test pattern. If there is a logic board/ or sometimes on the mainboard there is a set of Auto-Gen pads that you short.
      Pictures of your boards would be useful to identify how they all fit together.
      I need to get an extra hand to help me lift this heavy tv off the mount and I'll see about getting some pics of the boards.

When you're saying test patterns, are you referring to something like this? https://www.pcrichard.com/images/pro...rch%202011.pdf ??

Comment

Yes, that's how to run your test patterns.

Comment

D8000 series in lcd field suffers from bad CPU i think, plasma models i guess them shares almost the same board, so with the test pattern you probably has a first impression, then you can try a soft reflow, but a serious reballing can make the difference. But never experimented with this series!

Comment

Working...
          X