Need bios password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need bios password

Hi Guys, I just got a second hand sony viao laptop from one of my customers but unfortunately when i put it on it asking me to enter system password I contact the one who brought it and he had no clue. and also after three wrong attempts a new page comes showing some key and also to enter One-time password. Has any body ever solve some thing like this before I need help.
    the laptop is Sony Vaio PCG-3D3L.

Re: Need bios password

bios? sounds more like a windows type of malware... never seen a bios do that. you sure it's bios?

FYI- you cannot reset the password on a laptop's bios. its a security thing that has been standard for a long, LONG time.

guess it or get a new mainboard (or bios chip if it is removable, most are not).
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
      bios? sounds more like a windows type of malware... never seen a bios do that. you sure it's bios?

FYI- you cannot reset the password on a laptop's bios. its a security thing that has been standard for a long, LONG time.

guess it or get a new mainboard (or bios chip if it is removable, most are not).
      You can do anything with a soldering iron and EEPROM reader/writer.

Comment

For a Sony, there's software that Sony puts out for resetting the password on their laptops....only problem is, you have to find an authorized sony service center...and hope they'll do it for you. I'm told that when the software is ran, it works a lot like Microsoft's activation for Windows, Sony has to issue a clearance code, based off the serial number of the motherboard itself....so its kind of a pain in the ass....or so I'm told. I've never witnessed this, just been told by a TV servicer who happens to be factory authorized by Sony.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

I tried a lot of options and it's like I should be the original owner before i contact sony service center or have the original receipt for the laptop which I don't think i can get

Comment

Working...
          X