Foxit Reader ruined Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Foxit Reader ruined Windows

I didn't install any toolbars or updates and it still screwed up Windows.

I would still like to know what happened with Avira and Antivirus '09. It seems that my questions are ignored if I don't keep repeating them.

Comment

Well, maybe we don't know?

First I've heard of it, but I would reckon one of their ad servers got infected and so it just spawned over all of the machines that were running the free versions.

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
        I happen to have proof that they are(were?) in bed with "antivirus '09."
        This is what I was asking about. Kaboom is probably the only person that can answer this properly unless someone else discovered the same thing.

Comment

I don't think they were ever 'in bed' with them. I think somebody made an install of foxit and piggybacked antivirus 09
          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Gotta love those 'IT' guys, Momaka!
            After all, they're the "smart" ones, you just replace caps and figure out power supplies!
            lol
            Well, one of them is actually only a printer technician, but because we are so severely understaffed, he's given pretty much everything. He's actually a pretty smart guy. If I show him something, he remembers it from the first time and always does it right afterwards.

After I pointed out the problem on 30 imaged machines with no video driver, he now always checks the Device Manager and makes sure everything is installed before imaging/cloning the drive, so no more missing drivers to fix .

The other person only does support for a few specific programs we use. But last time she tried to install some other program for someone, the computer had 3 new toolbars afterwards (and I'm talking about the spyware ones that hijack your results). MalwareBytes found no less than 20 items - all of this on a computer I just reinstalled and set up with all of the programs/updates the day before, lol.

But hey, look at it this way - I'll never have shortage of work !

On those imaged systems, do you also experience the joy of removing garbage that doesn't belong under 'Networking' under control panel?
            Networking is where I lack, so I don't mess with anything in there. Hey, the computer has internet - good enough for me .

Comment

Working...
            X