Laptop inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Laptop inverter

I start Up CCFL with external LCD power and work.

http://tinypic.com/r/ak79jp/5
    Attached Files
    Last edited by primoz1; 12-20-2013, 03:50 AM.

Comment

I need to know 1 thing, you changed 3 screens, from where do you get them? Used with no warranty formula? Sold as "to be tested"? Maybe all 3 had faulty lamps?

Comment

I got all 3 working on other toshiba same model, but on this unit I reball North Bridge 2 times, and not help, so Im allmost 100% that NB is faulty (not total dead) enough to work on external LCD and If you see that movie work on primary too if I help with other inverter.

Because I must wait too long time to new NB arrive from china I got idea to Light Up somehow that CCFL and laptop may be in use, meantime I wait new chip.

Comment

I think the only way to bypass is to find out on the mobo a 3,3v, it's surely present, search it on + mark side of tantalum caps in the DC-DC converters area, or the leg of a big inductor connected to a cap, then you feed it through a resistor (sorry, don't know the value, ask members for an hint, 1kohm is good?) into the ENA pin and also the DIM, in that way you will have a near full brightness screen, if you don't want it you can use a voltage divider with 2 resistor, so the 3,3v---R1=?----R2=?--DIM-PIN---R3=?---GND..
          R2=33 (or 330) R3=100 (or 1k) for a minimum bright. R2=39 (or 390) R3=100 (1k) for a medium bright. Am i wrong?
          Last edited by Davi.p; 12-21-2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X