Samsung 2233RZ "2s to blanck"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 2233RZ "2s to blanck"

Picture is too small can you take one of YOUR transformer top and bottom.
    They usually have 8 pins and test as attached.
    Meter on 2000 ohms. Can test on or off the board - post results.
    Attached Files
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
      Picture is too small can you take one of YOUR transformer top and bottom.
      They usually have 8 pins and test as attached.
      Meter on 2000 ohms. Can test on or off the board - post results.

Ok, thank you for reply and attached image, I needed it. This evening I'll test it and report back.

Comment

Ok, I uploaded the power board images. On the back of it there is a "bronzed" area...I wonder if that could be a problem.

I already bought a new TM-0915 transformer, because desoldering it I broke the magnet

I could post the resistance recordings, but I guess that without the magnet they're altered..All "S" contacts seem to be open, as the multimeter reads "1". The only two contacts that give a reading are P1 to P3 = 0.6ohms

Please let me know if photo quality is poor, so that I can take them again with a reflex camera.

Thank you for support.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shineangelic View Post

I could post the resistance recordings, but I guess that without the magnet they're altered..All "S" contacts seem to be open, as the multimeter reads "1". The only two contacts that give a reading are P1 to P3 = 0.6ohms
          That is a bit odd was meter on 2000 ohms? - try 20000ohms.

Can you still test and post the results for the other 2 transistors?

I will look over the pics later.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Pictures will do for now - you have turned the board between each shot making it difficult to work out back to front where things are - tell me what is on the other side
            of the bronzed part - doesnt look too bad. Did you put the yellow caps in? what brand and series are they?

Comment

That is a bit odd was meter on 2000 ohms? - try 20000ohms.
              It was on 200 ohms, because at 2000 the reading was 0. I confirm it, at 20K the reading is 0. All other contacts coupled give "1". I repeat, I totally broke the transformer magnet when I removed it. Lol, I read "SOLDER" and thought I had to solder there. I'm a moron.

Can you still test and post the results for the other 2 transistors?
              Sorry which transistor? Do I have to read the resistance between base and collector? At 2000 ohms? Sorry I'm a complete noob at electronic repairs. Anyway, I'm quite determined because I payed much for this screen since it was one of first 120Hz 3D LCD available.

It seems to be typical 2sec to blank issue described on this thread by other users...I can see the pixels lighting the screen with a torch, it stays lit for 2-3 seconds and then backlights go off.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by shineangelic; 07-31-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Pictures will do for now - you have turned the board between each shot making it difficult to work out back to front where things are - tell me what is on the other side
                of the bronzed part - doesnt look too bad.
                sorry for that. I'm uploading detail of the bronzed part. Doesn't look too bad to me, too. The bronzed part is only a bit darker on the back of the board, near primary pins of the transformer and near right one (upper left transformer pins of first photo). On the board front no burns are visible (a part from my soldering mistake near the "SOLDER" label :/ ). The screen was used for about 6 hours per day for a year and half, then started going black after 2 sec.

Did you put the yellow caps in? what brand and series are they?
                No, they're the original ones. Samyoung rated 105degreeC, they don't seem bulged.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by shineangelic; 07-31-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Ok firstly sorry - forget transistors for now - mixed up a reply on another post.
                  I was thinking transistors were overheating part of the board making it bronze but dont know why I mixed the two up.
                  Anyway do you just mean the small brown mark the white arrow points to (very convenient that being there)
                  I think it is just where the secondary wiring has burnt out and marked the board.

Dont really think there is much we can test until you get a new transformer, unless you have another monitor in which you can test the panel (CCfls)

Comment

Anyway do you just mean the small brown mark the white arrow points to (very convenient that being there)
                    I think it is just where the secondary wiring has burnt out and marked the board.
                    No I made it, because I'm a moron, I read "SOLDER" and I tried de-soldering there on front of the board at first. Don't laught at me
                    My stupid action maybe burnt the secondary wiring, I agree on this.

Dont really think there is much we can test until you get a new transformer, unless you have another monitor in which you can test the panel (CCfls)
                    thank you. Hopefully it'll arrive in 15 days. I'll report back.

Comment

The transformer arrived. I soldered it and...IT WORKS!!

I'm so happy I saved it

thank you for support

Comment

Well done !- cant remember if you replaced any caps - if not you might consider replacing the medium sized ones with good low esr ones to give the monitor a bit longer life. If the caps are sam young or samwha they are not very good.

Comment

Hi! same problem here waiting for transformer i havent even test it yet, but it seems like it is a common problem with those 2233rz. Selldoor how long did you wait for that transformer to arrive from HK ?

Comment

I would like to thank you everyone! Easy fix and my monitor is alive again! I did it without checking anything , when ive seen that topic i just ordered one transformer... solder it and done! thanks guys

Comment

Hello guys! Im so happy i found this thread and forum after hours of searching on google. I have this monitor and I starts the screen and it shows the background image for 1 second then the picture becomes black. Start it again and it does the same thing again. I have opened the screen but do not see any capacitors that are clearly broken. And if i use a flashlight i can se the picture on the screen so its the backlighting who i damage. I did not understand if you others guys did see the picture on the screen if you used a flashlight?

Comment

The symptoms you are getting,is typical for this kind of fault IF it is the transformer that is faulty.You need to measure the secondary resistance on the Inverter transformer as shown in the Post, and that should confirm if the problem is the transformer.

Comment

Thanks for you reply! I will try measure inverter now.

Edit: I try at 2000ohm and 20k and the instrument only showing 1.
                                  Last edited by jays_swe; 12-23-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Sound like an order for a new transformer will be made by yourself then.

Comment

yes I have order one now hopes that solves the problem.

Comment

Can you just confirm which pins you measured - can you post a pic of your transformer

Comment

s1-s2
                                          s3-s4
                                          p1-p2
                                          p3-p4

Comment

Working...
                                          X