sharp lc-c5255u only blink codes no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sharp lc-c5255u only blink codes no picture

New here and first time to post. My son picked up a sharp lc-c5255u from a neighbor. Neighbor reported the screen stopped working. We decided to make it a project to getting it working again and learn something about electronics along the way. When plugged in, there is one click and after approx 15 seconds another click resulting in the power light blinking 2 times and OPC light blinking 5 times and repeats the sequence. No light or image on the screen. I read on a post in this forum about the blink code similar to these and online suggesting power supply issue. I was able to replace power supply with another new one but got same results. We looked over the caps which all seemed in good shape. I disconnected the connections from the power supply to each component one at a time hoping to isolate the bad component. Only when the main board is disconnected from power supply, there is no clicking or blink code or light on the screen. Would that mean the main board in bad? Can anyone tell me about this part of the main board? Looks like fuses to me. Are they suppose to have metal on them like car fuses, etc.? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Attached Files

Re: sharp lc-c5255u only blink codes no picture

Does it click when its plugged in or when you plug it in then press the power button?

You get no clicking when the main board is disconnected because there is no power on signal coming from it.
    Do NOT touch heatsinks when testing for voltages as they may be LIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by gilly1984 View Post
      Does it click when its plugged in or when you plug it in then press the power button?

You get no clicking when the main board is disconnected because there is no power on signal coming from it.
      I get a click in the power supply when it is plugged in, then after 5-6 seconds a louder click at power supply and the blink codes start flashing..

Comment

Try this to see if you can force on the power supply, unplug it from the wall outlet then

Hold [CH_DOWN] and [VOL_UP] on TV, plug in the AC power cord while holding both buttons in.

Above was taken from "just answer"

Try at your own risk though as you will be forcing the psu to switch on.

Comment

Try this to see if you can force on the power supply, unplug it from the wall outlet then

Hold [CH_DOWN] and [VOL_UP] on TV, plug in the AC power cord while holding both buttons in.

Above was taken from "just answer"

Try at your own risk though as you will be forcing the psu to switch on.
          Just did as you suggested...screen lighted up with vertical color bars, white circles at bottom of screen and appeared to have cracks on top and side of screen. At least we know now the LCD is cracked...does that mean the components are probably OK but screen is damaged?

Comment

Probably been damaged somehow, but there's another fault as it's giving a 5 and 2 blink code. As it lights up, PSU and inverter and probably OK, and the main and T-con are suspect.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              Probably been damaged somehow, but there's another fault as it's giving a 5 and 2 blink code. As it lights up, PSU and inverter and probably OK, and the main and T-con are suspect.
              Thanks for all of your assistance. I needed to know if the LCD screen was damaged anyway before investing anymore time/money into this project. I really appreciate your quick replies and help. Do you have any idea about the fuse like parts in the picture? Just curious....

Comment

No solid idea myself - perhaps option jumpers or settings for models?

Did you ask the neighbour what happened when it failed?

Maybe it fell and this broke a CCFL tube, hence the error code and cracked screen?
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'll ask my son to talk with neighbor and find out (they live 200 miles away from me). Guess I will have to find someone who needs some parts for their sharp TV now...oh, well..live and learn

Comment

You get bitten by some people selling broken TVs, though I've only been ripped off once by someone who knew the screen was cracked (he pulled a fuse out on the power supply so it didn't light up.)

Comment

You get bitten by some people selling broken TVs, though I've only been ripped off once by someone who knew the screen was cracked (he pulled a fuse out on the power supply so it didn't light up.)
                      Oh, just have to post a shot of the screen after I followed your advice...pretty colors!
                      Attached Files

Comment

That thing looks to be have been hit, not dropped. Probably another Wii controller!

Can you get a menu or interface up on the LCD at all?

Comment

I always thought you could tell if the screen was smashed?

If not by naked eye then by torch or camera flash.?

I was so happy when my recent collection showed a screen, thought i had been done too.

Comment

I always thought you could tell if the screen was smashed?
                            Nope. It's not always visible without a backlight, even under torch. Samsung LCDs tend to show it clearly, whereas LG-Philips don't.

Comment

That thing looks to be have been hit, not dropped. Probably another Wii controller!

Can you get a menu or interface up on the LCD at all?
                              Can't get menu or anything else to come up on the screen

Comment

Originally posted by Cogtx View Post
                                Can't get menu or anything else to come up on the screen
                                It could simply be because the LCD is so damaged you can't see anything, try the input button and see if you can get a video from an external source (like a DVD player.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cogtx View Post
                                  Thanks for all of your assistance. I needed to know if the LCD screen was damaged anyway before investing anymore time/money into this project. I really appreciate your quick replies and help. Do you have any idea about the fuse like parts in the picture? Just curious....
                                  Yes those are configuration jumpers. Inserting the jumper opens up a set of contacts.

Comment

2 power, 5 opc led blink code is an error in the 12 volt panel power. A broken and shorted screen is a frequent cause of this error. If the LCD screen is OK, it can be a short on the t-con board as well. In this case, the rest of the boards are likely to be OK.

(2 long, 5 short also means the same thing)

Comment

Originally posted by Alohamora View Post
                                      2 power, 5 opc led blink code is an error in the 12 volt panel power. A broken and shorted screen is a frequent cause of this error. If the LCD screen is OK, it can be a short on the t-con board as well. In this case, the rest of the boards are likely to be OK.

(2 long, 5 short also means the same thing)
                                      Thanks for the input and info. Gotta decide what to do with the unit now..

Comment

I just repaired this LCD tv exact same model.
                                        symptoms- when the tv turns on, all I get is a black screen with blinking green light. No other error codes. It was crazy frustrating trouble shooting this. I measured the transformers on the master and slave inverter board with a multi meter. The resistance should be 1.31 k ohms. All but one measured within the specs except one. I get an OL reading. Note I did my measurement with the tv powered off. I set my multi meter on the ohms scale. I took a chance to order this part on eBay for 13 dollars. After soldering it, the resistance for all of the transformers were back to specs. The tv powered on and stayed on. Works good as new. If anyone has the this similar issue I would advice testing the mini transformers on your master and slave inverter board. My email is normanw1@yahoo.com for help.

lcc5255u aquos fixed
                                        lcc5255u aquos resolved

Note, it was very very very challenging troubleshooting this problem because I didn't get any other error codes except the blinking green light. There wer no visual signs of bulging capacitors, or melted resistors. I read so many things on the main board, power supply board, cfls and inverters could go bad. Also with this tv if there are any problems with any parts of the components , the tv goes into standby mode.

Comment

Working...
                                        X