This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

New member, hello everybody. Glad to have found a serious forum, looks good.
    I'm a retired senior electronics engineer. Due to Parkinson I had to retire which gives me a lot of time for my hobby, which is laptops.

Looking forward to communicate with you all.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hi,
        I am Trev, a new member .... just starting out on a career of fixing all things electronic, I was a computer engineer, certified Apple engineer from about 12yrs ago, so used to taking apart computers, laptops etc, but only really modular replacement of boards. I have always wanted to do an electronics course but never happened, found myself unemployed a couple of months ago so have decided to try being self-employed, have repaired a few PS3's and a tablet (LCD replacement). I fixed my TV (samsung 32") which was taking ages to get turn on by replacing a few caps, so thought I would try fixing TV's as well. have a CELLO C32109F 32" which i bought for repair, but can't see any bad caps, turns on ok but screen flashes and goes off, backlight still working though. anyway will post a new thread about it when i have permission. will probably be on here a lot :-)

Comment

Hello everyone.

I have a background in computer science, and am starting to get back into electronics again. My current work involved data analysis, data visualization, and the newly titled data scientist job description.

I am interested in finding good sources of capacitors. I have read this, https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2280. Several of the links are bad to the reference sheets, etc. I started with Rubicon, and found this: http://www.rubycon.co.jp/en/catalog/capacitors.html But, MCZ for example, isn't on the list. How do I get them updated? If I had old sheets, I could probably match them up with the replacement series.

Comment

Hello!

Im an old hand at replacing caps, but after my latest cap swap ended in failure, i figured id roll on over and consult the gurus on my next project.

C

Comment

Hi has anyone got a main panel for a bush led26962hd tv its a vestel panel 17mb62-1 v1 and the panel number ends 886 i will purchase this off anyone who has it my email is merger18@hotmail.co.uk

Comment

Intro

Hi all! My name is Justin and I am somewhat new to tinkering/diagnosing/troubleshooting/repairing electronics. I say somewhat because I am an electrical engineering student, though my experience has thus far been largely limited to texts and "paper problems". My reasons for coming here are two-fold:

1) I am having issues with my flat screen TV and I would like some help troubleshooting it (which I will ask for in the appropriate section)

2) Rather than just turn it over to a repair shop, I would like to use this^ opportunity to become better acquainted with electronics and discrete components.

I hope that in time, I will be able to pick up enough to actually contribute back to the community.

Comment

Hi all,

I am a new member and found this website while searching for a fix for an older Acer AL1916.

I repaired a Sceptre monitor that had swollen caps a while back so I'm happy to find this site!

I started using computers with a new Amiga 1000 a few decades ago and switched over to Windows based computers when our sons started going to school.

I have built or upgraded all of the desktops in use around here and have done some repairs and upgrades to the laptops as well.
                  I'm an active amateur radio operator and have done a small amount of building of smaller projects and repair and maintenance of my older transceivers and receivers.

I'm retired after a long career in `high speed transport systems management'.

I'm looking forward to learning more all the resources available here.

Cheers!

Wringer

Comment

Hello everyone, my nick is JoeMaldon, I'm very happy to be here. Main reason is to learn about on how to repair my 28" Hans-G monitor, that has the same problems (mostly) in the PS section. I Know a little bit about Basic Electronics. Have worked in assembly of industrial components for Motor Control Centers. Thanks to Admin TopCat for the privilege to be here, and for all friends that I may get.

Comment

Hi my name is Mark Long. I found your forum while looking for help diagnosing an issue with my Vizio LCD TV.
                      I am not in the electronics game but have never been afraid to try to fix things.
                      I do not have much experience with electronics but I am having lots of fun learning.
                      Married with a 11 yr old boy (who is always breaking something).

I am impressed with what I have seen so far and look forward to reading more.

Comment

Hi everyone. My name is Brian B. I am from Baton Rouge Louisiana. I found this forum after looking for parts/solutions to fix a 40" Samsung I found and decided to try and fix. I have an Associates degree in Computer Electronics Engineering. And I currently working as a wiring technician at a control systems company.

Comment

Hello everyone

Comment

Hi ya'll....Love fixin things and look forward to reading more info. Great site!

Comment

MEDION 30325a lcd tv backlight with no sound and icture

Hi guys, I have trouble with this lcd tv, Medion 30325a only backlight and nothing else. Pls can somebody help. Thanks

Comment

Hello & Seasons Greetings AllyeeTeckies

Comment

hello everyone! im new lol

Comment

Hi everybody. I just joined this forum after doing on online search for Samsung capacitors. It seems the people on this site are very knowledgeable and helpful. I look forward to learning some new things. Thanks.

Comment

Hello all,

Found this site after searching for info to help with an issue with a Sharp Aquos TV power issue. Thought I'd join and hopefully benefit from some of the very knowledge people here.

Comment

Hello, world!

Hopefully that gets me some points =P

Comment

Mainly interested in the LCD TV aspect, started working on my Westinghouse 46", could be a fun hobby.

Comment

Working...
                                          X