XBOX One S USB Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBOX One S USB Port

Does anyone have a source for a USB 3.0 port (Rear) on a XBOX One S, preferably UK/EU?

Re: XBOX One S USB Port

post some photo's of it

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      post some photo's of it
      I'll do that when I get back to work on Tuesday

Comment

Some photos courtesy of ifixit
        Attached Files

Comment

raised ones, dont see them really - maybe search ali-express.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            raised ones, dont see them really - maybe search ali-express.
            Yeah been there and everywhere else I could think of, no joy.
            I know the HDMI ports are still unavailable also, might have to search for dead boards.

Comment

Maybe worth sending andrew paul a message through his youtube channel as hes opening a online shop soon and may have these for sale already
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtf...eEY_vq_UOL4PDQ

Comment

I spoke to Andrew a few days ago, he is looking for one for me.
                But the good news is I found a faulty board on Ebay today, only 20 miles away so I went and got it.

Comment

Have you ever successfully removed one of those USB ports off a 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One?
                  -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

Originally posted by Spork Schivago View Post
                    Have you ever successfully removed one of those USB ports off a 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One?
                    Not tried yet, I've replaced them successfully on Laptop & desktop motherboards in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by JJR View Post
                      Not tried yet, I've replaced them successfully on Laptop & desktop motherboards in the past.
                      I needed to replace one on a PS3 and failed epically, but I was using a 120 watt iron. I think the only way is using hot air, because the actual metal enclosure, at least on the PS3 board I had, was acting as a heatsink.

Let me know how you end up doing it, if you're successful.

Thanks!

Comment

This is the customers board with the damaged USB port

I have removed the USB port from the donor board

Donor board is undamaged

First thing was to dilute the lead free solder by flooding it with nice new lovely leaded solder and then get the hot air gun on it. That took a while, but it came away eventually.
                        Next thing to do is remove the damaged port from the customers board, wish me luck!

Comment

Getting the damaged USB port off the board was an issue but I got it.

Replacement in place

Comment

Please upload the photos to the site, seeing photobucket placeholders serves no one!
                            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Oops, sorry folks, I didn't know this was an issue.

Comment

Mods, feel free to delete thread if required

Comment

This is the customers board with the damaged USB port

I have removed the USB port from the donor board

Donor board is undamaged

First thing was to dilute the lead free solder by flooding it with nice new lovely leaded solder and then get the hot air gun on it. That took a while, but it came away eventually.
                                    Next thing to do is remove the damaged port from the customers board, wish me luck!
                                    I use the silver bearing solder and love it, but it's from RadioShack. I cannot get anymore of it, but am running low. I always do like you, but add the silver bearing, which I believe requires a bit higher temp.

But can you recommend a good brand of silver bearing solder by any chance? Glad you got your ports off and everything fixed.

Oh, did you preheat the board, so it didn't warp, or wasn't it an issue?

Could you please upload the pics here instead of the photobucket, as requested by the other users? I'd like to see them. You probably cannot edit your posts now, but perhaps just reply with the same pics? Click on Go Advanced and you should see an option to manage attachments.

Thanks!
                                    Last edited by Spork Schivago; 04-03-2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Mods, feel free to delete thread if required
                                      Why? Just have a look here to see how to upload them:
                                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1868

And here to resize if you need it:
                                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19629
                                      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Here are the photos in no particular order.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X