Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Plasma TV PN60E7000FFXZA No Standby Voltage BN44-00514A

Have you tried freezing it?
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

No, I do not have freeze spray so I have it sitting in the freezer and I will try in about 30 minutes. Maybe I should go buy a can of freeze spray.

Comment

air duster turned upside down works. The chip is off the board?
        Last edited by dskall; 05-09-2017, 09:45 AM.
        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by m3amigos View Post
          The manual did not contain any schematics unfortunately, just basic troubleshooting and board part numbers. I'd be willing to sell my copy cheap if anyone is interested, PM me.

I couldn't figure out my issue in the end. I replaced all the parts from the shop jimmy kit then my power supply was completely dead. Ended up ordering a new power supply for about $200 and it's back up and running. It did take 2 months to deliver since it was on back order.
          All,
          I have this PN60E7000FF TV with the BN44-00514A Power Supply Board. Does anyone know where I can obtain a schematic diagram for this power sully board?
          Thank you for your guidance.
          Bill

Comment

Would someone please report their experience with sending their BN44-00516A power board (or similar boards) for repair to any of the several shops that offer repair service through the Internet? I'm interested in both positive and negative reports, and whether a failure of the IC MCV14A discussed by Shane711 was the reason for any boards to be pronounced unrepairable.

Thanks for your help,

-David

Comment

I sent some boards out and they all came back because they could not be fixed. I lost a lot of money for shipping cost because I had to send the same boards back, shipped them 2 times to the same eBay seller. The eBay seller shipped them to me saying he had fixed them which he did but he never checked them to see if they worked. He asked me to ship them back which I did and then he tested them and could not fix them. All the boards had a bad MCV14A. The eBay seller that did me wrong is ( asa.vd.pc ). I never left this seller feedback, if you leave bad feedback on eBay you can be blocked from ever buying again. You could even get put on a black list and be blocked completely from eBay. So like the saying goes, if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all. And so many bad sellers get away with their crimes unpunished.

Comment

So I do have some pretty good freeze spray now that works awesome, I don't use it much and it doesn't take much so it should last me a very long time.

As far as the MCV14A chip goes, it can only be programmed by Samsung. This chip is a programmable chip but it is read/write protected. So in order to do anything with it you have to get past the protection. So if anyone ever figures this out please share. Looks like Samsung has figured out a way to make you go out and buy a NEW TV, just don't buy their brand.
                Last edited by Shane711; 04-20-2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

First of all, my apologies for necro posting, but I have been searching all over for a schematics for the BN44-516A PSU for a PN64E550. Basically I have the same issue as jeffer76 in this thread: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55119.

It's a TV I have had sitting around idle for a while, but as an EE it would irk my professional pride to either get rid of it or just replace the PSU as a whole instead of getting some parts off Digikey and just replacing them myself, hopefully fixing the issue. In addition, from the circuit I'd also like to understand why this failure could happen in the first place as it doesn't look like an uncommon Samsung PSU issue.

Thus, I need some part numbers for the DS810 and surrounding parts (well, the passives I can measure myself the values for), but as mentioned above a schematics would be really good so I can do some failure analysis.

If anybody has any information they can share I'd most appreciate it.

Thanks!

Badeskov
                  Last edited by badeskov; 12-20-2022, 12:37 PM. Reason: Typo.

Comment

Working...
                  X