Regulated power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regulated power supply

Picked up this power supply recently, unsure if it works because I have no power cord. Total Noob here so may be a dumb question, but can someone tell me what kind of power cord I need for this power supply? Can't seem to find it online mainly because Im unsure of what im looking for.

Thanks

Attached Files

Re: Regulated power supply

That's actually a fairly common power cord a long time ago as an alternative to the standardized IEC socket. I have one of those power cords, unfortunately I need it for one of my old digital LED multimeters. The ones I've seen are made by Belden.

No relationship, but this sort of looks like the cable:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Tektroni...e/123086640893

Comment

What the OP shows is what was called a Bathtub connector. Not all of these were standardized. Some had varying spacing between pins and different pin diameters as well as some having a slot for the ground connection. Make measurements before purchasing unknown connectors.

Comment

I found some info here that might help https://www.amazon.com/Wurlitzer-Ele.../dp/B011CAFFM4
        Power AC Cord Oval HP 18/3 Black 7 feet 6 inch
        Male Connector Type: NEMA 5-15
        Female Connector Type: PH-163
        This cord was used on some early Celestron and Meade telescopes, early Hewlett Packard equipment, film projectors, tape recorders, and some Friden calculators
        The cord is rated 7 amps and 125 volts

Comment

or change the inlet connector - that one in the foto has the live pins very close to the earth!!

Comment

One could say laying a piece of zip cord next to a ground plane, the copper is very close to the ground too! Keep in mind that there's plastic that's separating the pins from ground when it's plugged in...

But swapping for a standard IEC socket would be good. I haven't done so on my multimeter because I have a cord

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice. Good to know what this scoket is, though now I am considering swapping with an IEC socket.

Comment

Working...
              X