Possible prob on a Gigabyte board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible prob on a Gigabyte board

I have a Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X with a 933. No OCing. Sometimes it won't boot the OS the first time. Or the second time. Sometimes it takes a dozen times.
    The WinXP Home screen first comes up for about 2 seconds, then the machine reboots.

Is this motherboard a possible for bad caps? Just curious. Its happening more and more which is why the caps were the first thing to come to mind. Well, the second actually. The first thought involved a rather large amount of explosives.
    "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
    AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Have ya looked at the caps yet for the notorious bulging?? I've seen a couple gigabytes with bad caps, and most recently a Soyo. So this problem isn't isolated to only Abit.

If it does have some bad caps, shoot me a pic or two if ya can, another to add to the list
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Will do.

I have to reopen the case this weekend...or whenever the new CD-ROM drive arrives. I'll check it out then.

Note: If you suspect a CD is damaged, DO NOT put it in your drive. Had a cd disintegrate on me. There was a small crack and I wondered if I could pull any data from it. Yes...temporary brain fart. Nasty business. The drive didn't survive. Oh well. Cheapy drive anyway...
      "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
      AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

Working...
      X