This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I repair lots of stuff. I bring my multimeter on holiday with me. If it's bust I will repair it! Hope to chat you all at sometime.
    Bye from The Green Isle ,
    brushless.

Comment

Hello. My name is Mike Barber. I live in South Carolina with a second home in Michigan. I am a retired mechanical engineer so it always takes me forever to fix anything, and I have an overhwhelming desire to fix everything, since I must have all the facts first.

I came to this site because I have a VIZIO tv that is not working along with a stack of old stereo equipment that needs repair. Something to do when I'm here in Michigan during the winter.

Comment

Hi everyone. Love your forums. I am learning electronics and I have an LG TV that won't get out of standby. Looking forward to chatting.

Jeanguypataterubberboot.

Comment

Hi, joined up here hoping someone has the knowledge to help me sort out my lightning damaged Sony TV

Comment

Hi! My name is Kenneth, and I have had a computer since 1985. Commodore 64, and a black and white TV. I later moved to Amiga and a color monitor. I touched my first PC around 1994/5. It was a 486 running 66mhz and 4MB ram. My knowledge is mostly self thought, and this skill landed me a job as a computer technician in 1997, where I soon took over the tech department. We were mostly building and repairing personal computers for the private and business market. After a few years, I started my own computer store and ran this for several years untill my health got so bad, I had to retire early. Now I like to restore vintage computers and game systems whenever I can. Besides electronics, I also like to ride and work on my Harley and my vintage Royal Enfield 500cc from 1953. My native tounge is Norwegian, so bare with me on the spelling..I cant believe I have not joined this site untill now..

Comment

Happy to have found this place. Found it while troubleshooting a dead monitor, so thanks already! I'm located in Salt Lake City, Utah, and only recently started learning about electronics repair, mostly as a hobby, but it's helped from a professional perspective as well (IT).

Comment

Hello Guys,

My Name is Sondé joining in from Niger. Joined this forums to get help with my Toshiba Satellite c55-b1185 bios password.

Comment

Hello Guys,

My Name is Sondé joining in from Niger. Joined this forums to get help with my Toshiba Satellite c55-b1185 i forget my bios password.

Comment

I'm Rick from Canada trying to find some technical tips.
                    Feel free to contact me if you need.

Comment

Hello Rick thanks for your answer... please how can i do to reset my bios password?

Comment

Hello Rick tell me how to contact you or send me your contact. Am very happy for your answer.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello, Brent from Ohio. I'm an electrical engineer and seem to come across big TVs at the curb fairly often. This forum is a big help if there isn't an easy solution on YouTube. Kudos to you all for wanting to DIY, and learn something while you're at it.

Comment

Hello, I'm from Thailand.

Comment

Hello all My first post, Im starting to get back into electronics repair. Its been a long time since i did board level repair. Mainly getting into this as a hobby and education.

Comment

Hello

Comment

hello all

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                      I have time following this group and in the I have gotten answers to my doubts. Many of the answers I need have already been answered by the different participants. The key is to search. I hope to repay what I have learned with this group

Comment

Hi,
                                        I've been into radio, audio and electronics ever since I was a pre-teenager. That was many years ago and now I'm retired, but I still reach for my toolbox whenever anything breaks.
                                        I came across the badcaps problem (and this forum) a few years ago with a number of digital set-top boxes that were failing. The growth of these products and the push for a low price-point coincided with use of cheapo caps. Almost always it was the power supply board that was starting to fail, letting through noise that disrupted the decoder board functions before catastrophic failure. Pretty easy to spot the bulging caps, but an ESR meter helped.
                                        Now put your STB on top of a DVD box, close the glass doors on your TV cabinet and, if necessary, wait for summer to let them cook.
                                        Probably fixed a couple of dozen of them for friends and acquaintances. Now I see it’s an endemic problem for many kinds of electronic kit. Thanks to all the forum members for the useful tips, I still have a few questions, but I’ll try and find an appropriate forum/thread.
                                        Trom
                                        PS. My latest project is a bad mobo I was given: HP with Nettle2 board (MCP61PM-HM Rev:1.0B) - a well known crime scene, see [https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8053]

Comment

Olá, meu nome é Marcelo, sou técnico e gosto de trocar idéias com amigos e aprender bastante.

Comment

Working...
                                          X