BN44-00516a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BN44-00516a

Today in reading a different post "Samsung PN64E8000 won't come on" by BlueAutumn, one of the posts (from Nick's Tvs) suggested shorting PS-ON to gnd and VS-ON (I believe) to D5.3V to simulate what I suspect is the turn-on of the TV from the logic board. I connected PS-ON to GND via 100ohms and pulled up VS-ON to D5.3V through 100ohms. I then applied power via my dim bulb tester (100W lightbulb). The bulb flickered some but after a few seconds the bulb went out. I measured VS at 221V and VA at 55V which seems correct.

Currently I am not sure what else to check, if anything, although I am a bit reluctant about putting the board back in the TV and just turning it on. I can probably just connect the logic board first and make sure I dont have an issue but am looking for suggestions as I dont know if originally just the power board was damaged or some other board caused the power board to become damaged in which case just trying to turn the TV on may result in a similar result.

Any suggestions as to how best to proceed would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Does anyone have the BIN file for the MCV14A? I have a QL-2006 programmer but I do not have the ROM file to program to the IC.

Comment

hi guys.. so i have the same model - fuse was blown no power , no standby.
        put in a small circuit breaker to narrow down bad board. its the actual power board thats causing the problem. what i have found was the green porcelain (capacitor ?) was letting out am extremely tiny puff of smoke when i would try and reset the breaker. there is no name or number on the piece but it does have the number RL801S on the top and NT801S on the back. trying to find that replacement item but i have no idea what that particular item is. its porcelain and it has a crack in it. there is currently 19ohms across it.
        i realize im late to the party here but any help is greatly appreciated... thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

i would like to point out, the discoloration on the left side of the board and the discoloration on the capacitor is from my cordless soldering iron (was doing this at home, actual corded is at work) and those are light surface only with no effect on parts.

Comment

Did you solve your fault, pipeandwire? I may have a similar problem with my board. I measure <10ohms across NT801S (which shows some crumbling of the material near the legs, but no obvious sign of having blown). I also had a blown fuse F801S.

I've measured QS802 and QS804 but they are not shorted.

I do, however, measure a short across the DC outputs of the rectifier BD802S - I am in the process of narrowing this down.

Comment

It looks like QP802 and QP804 have shorted (both of these are K18A60V MOSFETS). The short measured across output of rectifier BD802S has now gone.

Comment

Sad news everyone. These boards might be almost impossible to repair. If your power board blows up and causes a fault with the MCV14A IC then the board might be history. I have learned that this chip is read protected and only Samsung can read it. So unless someone know or figures out a way to read and copy the BIN file on the MCV14A, the board might be toast. You can go ahead and replace all the shorted parts and hope that your MCV14A is still good.

I sent 1 of these boards away to be repaired and received it back not working, sent it back and then they said it was not repairable. If someone has the time to crack the write protection it would be worth it.

3 of these boards I tried to repair with no success.
                Last edited by Shane711; 11-22-2017, 08:08 AM.

Comment

This may be out of sync but I REALLY need help. I own a Samsung TV model PS64E8000GRXSW with blown power supply unit BN44-00516B. I have been unable to locate the BN44-00516B online, but the BN44-00516A (used) is available. The power supplies look identical. Can the BN44-00516A replace a BN44-00516B in my TV? Please help.

Comment

My Samsung PN64E7000 stopped working recently. At first it would show the splash screen for a few seconds and then turn itself off and repeat. Now there is no screen activity, but sometimes the light in the lower left corner blinks when I try to power on the TV.

The power board part number apparently is BN44-00516A. The paper sticker barcode is translated CN07BN44-00516ASK28C8R0403 (my emphasis), but among the table of possible part numbers near the upper left-hand corner of the board, the entry BN44-00516A P64SW_CPN has a red mark next to it.

I measured voltages at the ribbon connectors (with the board still installed and viewed from the rear of the TV while it was resting on its bottom) as follows:
                    Top Left (CN805): Vs=217.6, 15V=0, Va=0
                    Right Side (CN801): PS_On= 0, STB=5.2, 15V (pin 4)=15.2, D5.3V (pins 7,8,12)=0, 15V (pins 10,11)=0
                    Bottom Right (CN802): All pins=0

There was no visual indication of component failure on either side of the board.

The following measurements were made without removal of any components from the board:
                    My DVM in diode test mode indicates DQ804 and DS805 are shorted.
                    Capacitors CX851 and CX857 are questionable. In resistance mode the readings seem to settle to about 5Kohms. I check all of the electrolytic capacitors and many of the small capacitors in the resistance mode; all the rest measured 1 M ohm or more.
                    MosFET DX852 measures 1.8 to 5 K ohms between Drain and Gate.
                    MosFET DP802 measures 28 K ohms between Drain and Gate and 0 ohms between Source and Gate. (My diode check mode doesn't provide high enough voltage to use it to test MosFETs.)

I found a schematic that proports to be of the board at a Portuguese website: https://www.electronica-pt.com/esque...er-sch.-22862/ However, I'm not convinced that it is a schematic of my board because 1) it shows on page 4 some connectors that are not present on my board (those labeled CNM802, CNM803, and CNM804), 2) the 9-pin, 12-pin, and 6-pin connectors labeled CN805, CN801, and CN 802, respectively, on my board that aren't represented on the schematic. The URL to this schematic suggests that it might be a version of the power board for a Samsung LCD (not plasma) display TV.

Can anyone comment on 1) where I could obtain replacements for DQ804, DS805, CX851, CX857, DX852, and DP802 (either in a kit or individually through knowing these component manufacturer's parts numbers), 2) whether I need to test any other components on the board more carefully, 3) whether the IC MCV14A discussed by Shane711 may be faulty on my board given the data I have presented, and 4) what to make of the schematic discussed above?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Would someone please report their experience with sending their BN44-00516A power board (or similar boards) for repair to any of the several shops that offer repair service through the Internet? I’m interested in both positive and negative reports, and whether a failure of the IC MCV14A discussed by Shane711 was the reason for any boards to be pronounced unrepairable.

Thanks for your help,

-David

Comment

Hello,what do I replace NT80S with, in the power supply BN44-00516A. Thanks Bertil,

Comment

Hello,what do I replace NT80S with, in the power supply BN44-00516A. Thanks Bertil

Comment

Originally posted by Berra View Post
                            Hello,what do I replace NT80S with, in the power supply BN44-00516A. Thanks Bertil
                            Can you read the numbers as printed on the body?
                            Never stop learning
                            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I think NT801s is a 15D050
                              Last edited by R_J; 12-31-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Hello, picture shows 14 ohms what can i use instead.

Best Regards . Bertil
                                Attached Files

Comment

WMEC WTR series
                                  WTR15D080
                                  15mm diameter, 8 Ohms @25c
                                  https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...e83555c7f0.pdf
                                  Never stop learning
                                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thanks Bertil.

Comment

I originally listed a 15D080 but changed it when I looked at a BN44-00622b schematic which uses the 15D050

Comment

hi i am having trouble with this board i have replaced q802 the switchmode ic ice3br2565 which after replacement doesn't seem to be show the right voltages and there is no standby voltage there are no voltages present on the other side the transformers and no voltage on them but the other side is live does anybody have or know where to get the schematic for this boards please help i am tearing my hair out

Comment

Working...
                                        X