Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOC 1 second display

Hi,

I have a 27 inch AOC Lcd Monitor/Tv. When powered on it displays the screen for a 1 second or less and then goes blank. The led power light remains green. I took a torch to the screen and could not see anything.

Open it up and all the caps on the inverter/powerboard looked good. There was no buldging but there was one that was suspicous. Changed all four of them. Checked the fuse and it's good.

Checked the backlights. 7 of them and they all light up during the 1 second or less. None that is blown.

Powered on and still no go.

Would really appreciate it if someone could provide some suggestions on what I should look for.

-Mark

Last edited by winboxes; 10-22-2008, 10:21 AM.

Re: AOC 1 second display

I'd be looking for other fuses, very very small surface mount ones.
    Should be marked on board with an F number and most of these seem to be green.
    Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim, I've looked at the board again and there only appears to be one fuse the 5a bus fuse. No others.

When powered on, i can hear a slight buzz from the inverter board even after the lcd goes blank.

Comment

Speaking of sounds, leave the inverter unplugged and try for audio.
        The last set I looked at like this it was in fact the audio amp section that had shorted.
        It displayed the same symptom.
        Jim

Comment

Working...
        X