Da0g7dmb8d0 ec&bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Da0g7dmb8d0 ec&bios

Hey guys, can someone please provide known good BIOS and EC for the following:

Model: HP 13-an0002nf
    Board: DA0G7DMB8D0 REV

Device came is with flashing caps lock (3 long and 2 short). Upon disassembly, it is very obvious someone else previously worked on the BIOS chip.

I am not sure if the dump is any good since its showing as "configured" in ME analyzer instead of "Initialized" or maybe whoever worked on it before cleaned it. I tried cleaning ME nonetheless but no change.

All voltages present except Vcore. I already checked for shorts and everything looks OK.

Please find attached dumped BIOS.
    Attached Files

Re: Da0g7dmb8d0 ec&bios

Originally posted by spider1211 View Post
    hey guys, can someone please provide known good bios and ec for the following:

Model: Hp 13-an0002nf
    board: Da0g7dmb8d0 rev

device came is with flashing caps lock (3 long and 2 short). Upon disassembly, it is very obvious someone else previously worked on the bios chip.

I am not sure if the dump is any good since its showing as "configured" in me analyzer instead of "initialized" or maybe whoever worked on it before cleaned it. I tried cleaning me nonetheless but no change.

All voltages present except vcore. I already checked for shorts and everything looks ok.

Please find attached dumped bios.
    ok
    Last edited by qayyum786; 06-13-2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks you for the file, but no change unfortunately. Still same flash sequence.

Comment

Anyone please?
        Last edited by Spider1211; 07-08-2021, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider1211 View Post
          Anyone please?
          look a slot and change Ram.

Comment

Its onboard RAM, not slot (not even present). Tried to reflow RAM chips but no luck. As per HP, 3 long & 2 short blinks is: "The embedded controller times out waiting for BIOS to return from memory initialization.".

https://support.hp.com/emea_africa-e...ment/c01732674

I'ld like to eliminate possible BIOS or EC issue before blaming the RAM chips.
            Last edited by Spider1211; 07-08-2021, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Its onboard RAM, not slot (not even present). Tried to reflow RAM chips but no luck. I read that 3 long & 2 short blinks is: "embedded controller has timed out waiting for the BIOS to return from system board initialization".
              if a have a black pads same error in rams or slot. now are dead, try.

Comment

I did not understand, can you rephrase please. What do you by black pads? Do you mean the RAM chips (or some of them) are dead?

Comment

Thanks you for the file, but no change unfortunately. Still same flash sequence.
                  Your original backup is from a HP 13-AN0020TU (same bios as the 13-an0002nf) ,it has some corruption,and because its still configured and not initialised would mean the board never posted far enough to read the bios chip properly because of the corruption,or for some other reason. Try another chip and the attached bios.
                  Attached Files
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you @SMDFlea but no change unfortunately, still same issue.

Edit:
                    Forgot to mention but with all BIOS I tried, screen can be seen to darken when power button is pressed.
                    Last edited by Spider1211; 07-08-2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, can someone please help me with BIOS for the following:

Model: HP 13-an0030wm
                      Board: DA0G7DMB8D0 REV: D

Device came is with flashing caps lock (3 long and 5 short).

I flashing the bios from another laptop, it starts, but works incorrectly, for a long time initialization and sound does not work.

I add the files of the original bios that does not work and the one that works incorrectly.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Romchik View Post
                        Hey guys, can someone please help me with BIOS for the following:

Model: HP 13-an0030wm
                        Board: DA0G7DMB8D0 REV: D

Device came is with flashing caps lock (3 long and 5 short).

I flashing the bios from another laptop, it starts, but works incorrectly, for a long time initialization and sound does not work.

I add the files of the original bios that does not work and the one that works incorrectly.
                        Here's your new file, try it and give me the results.
                        Attached Files
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                        all donations are welcome,
                        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                        >>>>>
                        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                          Here's your new file, try it and give me the results.
                          flashing caps lock (3 long and 5 short).

Sorry another 5 long and 3 short

Comment

flashing caps lock (3 long and 5 short).

Sorry another 5 long and 3 short
                            Ok, try this one.
                            Attached Files
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                            all donations are welcome,
                            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                            >>>>>
                            click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                              Ok, try this one.
                              Hello, sorry yesterday the electricity was turned off, I couldn't try it.
                              Flashing laptop on after off, on and flashing caps lock (5 long and 3 short).

Comment

Hello, sorry yesterday the electricity was turned off, I couldn't try it.
                                Flashing laptop on after off, on and flashing caps lock (5 long and 3 short).
                                bios extracted from HP site update..
                                DMI+KEYWIN 420000 - 42403F
                                Attached Files
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

Working...
                                X