Rca rhos651sm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rca rhos651sm

If you want to sell those parts i might try my hand at it. Mine worked fine all week and then started with the lines again. I disconnected the ribbon cable for each the left side and right side of the panel and tried it and same thing. I would love to save this TV. Since jonatan tried replacing all different boards I have to deduct that it is the panel. But why would it just happen here and there and some weeks be totally ok?
    Last edited by ploof; 04-04-2021, 02:30 PM. Reason: wanted to add

Comment

Check the link in post #17, test the MLC caps on the panel driver board, could also be as suggested in post 19.

Comment

Same problem, same date of MFG (July 2020). TV was fine for a bout 3 months. Now, might work for 30 seconds or a few hours. I do hear a slightly loud buzz coming from the power supply. I bought this TV, new, in the box, 8 months ago (it was sealed). Cannot take back without a receipt...

1. Turn the set on and sometimes it works ok, other times the screen freezes, then horizontal lines show up (and then vertical) and fill the screen.
        https://ibb.co/4Jkp3Md

2. Process of testing caps, I found this screw (pictured) wedged between the driver board and frame. I also noticed 2 screws missing from frame. All caps tested ok (driver boards, psb, mb and tcon).
        https://ibb.co/brz7sw3

3. Should the tcon have a metal plate covering it?
        https://ibb.co/4TBfxSF

That loud buzzing though.. could it be something to do with the pSB causing this? I can't find any faults on the cold side.
        Last edited by nickgronk; 06-02-2021, 02:04 PM. Reason: images not showing up, yes I used [img]

Comment

response to info about age of set. Curtis INt wants a receipt of sale, multiple images of all angles of tv - but they never really reply, or, they ask you to send it again. I've sent all those details 3 times now. Still waiting, only been a month. I could just buy another set, take the parts I need and box it up, bring it back for a refund...
          Last edited by nickgronk; 06-06-2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

RCAs are low end TVs with bad build quality (double sided tape), limited features (can't set the backlight level or motion smoothing in the menu) and impossible to find new replacement LED strips. LEDs are driven at maximum and fail after 1-2 years. Most appear to be built by Skyworth and the older ones had good quality AUO panels used in other brands. I don't want to touch them any more.

Lines are panel problems. Google the Sony Tcon Training Manual.

Most TVs have tcon covers likely to protect from EMI but some don't.
            Last edited by neilc6; 06-06-2021, 02:44 PM.

Comment

FIXED! FIXED! FIXED! FIXED! So what had happened was... against my better judgement I bought the only T-CON board for this model for sale in North America. Excited to see if it would fix the problem, I hooked it up, and..nada. Same crappy lines.

I hadn't taken the LCD panel off yet and decided to check the driver board ribbons front and back - - all good. I put the panel back on the set and was having a hard time getting the ribbon cable back in line. So I undid the tape holding it folded together. Plugged it all back in to look again and the problem was fixed.
              Long story short - the ribbon cable had a kink in it. Check the pic I posted. I removed the black tape and re-taped it down flat. TV now works like it's supposed to.

Hope this helps. Cheers and thank you all for your assistance.

https://ibb.co/3MbdDk7

THE FIX: https://ibb.co/FHfkXMX

https://ibb.co/8dDT8t3

P.S. Doubly proud I could account for all the screws. #NoScrewLeftBehind

Comment

Hi Is your problem still fixed???

Comment

Originally posted by ploof View Post
                  Hi Is your problem still fixed???
                  Still working as it should. I have had no line issues at all since I taped up the buffer cable.

Comment

Re: Rca rhos651sm and rhos581sm

I have since tried everything including changing the ribbon cable. I also was given a RHOS581sm that has the exact same problem. I know this is a panel issue but I would love to get a detail bypass or fix. They are still decent TV's to put in the garage. I know this issue is more common than stated just hoping somebody found the problem.

Comment

Re: Rca rhos651sm and rhos581sm

Originally posted by ploof View Post
                      I have since tried everything including changing the ribbon cable. I also was given a RHOS581sm that has the exact same problem. I know this is a panel issue but I would love to get a detail bypass or fix. They are still decent TV's to put in the garage. I know this issue is more common than stated just hoping somebody found the problem.
                      I'm in the same boat, same symptoms with lines on startup and slowly fading to black. No burns on CoF, no shorts, Vgh and Vgl look fine. Certainly a panel short, just wondering if it's possibe to repair. Maybe we cam find the shorted line and burn off the short with some high voltage?

Thanks!
                      Last edited by Pooshoes; 11-21-2022, 12:20 AM.

Comment

try tape cut-off method.

Comment

Working...
                        X